Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nov 1st, 2016 I bought a Spirit Halloween Cerebus, but it is missing the FOG MACHINE RELAY CABLE.

I contacted Spirit Halloween several times since then, and initially they said it was temporarily Out Of Stock.

But after regular emails to them (they do answer promptly), they finally say the CABLE is unavailable.

I could solder one up, but I have no idea how to wire it.

Help !

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nov 1st, 2016 I bought a Spirit Halloween Cerebus, but it is missing the FOG MACHINE RELAY CABLE.

I contacted Spirit Halloween several times since then, and initially they said it was temporarily Out Of Stock.

But after regular emails to them (they do answer promptly), they finally say the CABLE is unavailable.

I could solder one up, but I have no idea how to wire it.

Help !
Can we get a close up photo of the connectors?
Yes, you sure can !

But as it is deep in my Storage Unit, it will take a few days.

I own a few Smoke Machines. I hope I can figure out which one came with CEREBUS.

I'm not in a huge rush, because my planned décor won't include him this year.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Yes, you sure can !

But as it is deep in my Storage Unit, it will take a few days.

I own a few Smoke Machines. I hope I can figure out which one came with CEREBUS.

I'm not in a huge rush, because my planned décor won't include him this year.
I don't think there's anything special about the fogger, per the PDF file it looks to be just a standard 400W unit. It also states that any fogger can be used so I would think the connector to the fogger is just a standard 3 prong where the remote or timer normally plugs in.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It seems like it wouldn't be too hard to wire one up yourself. Im guessing the prop control box outputs something like 5vdc to activate the relay going to the fog machine. Use a multimeter to read the voltage from the jack on the control box and buy a relay that activates with that voltage. From what I've found online, the relay should be able to switch a 120v supply. Then you can use a normal push-button wired remote and wire the relay in place of the button. Run the switching wire out the side and connect to the prop control box.

20181010_151903.jpg
NOTE: I left the wiring colors ambiguous, as they differ between brands sometimes. All you need is to bridge the switch contacts with the relay.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It seems like it wouldn't be too hard to wire one up yourself. Im guessing the prop control box outputs something like 5vdc to activate the relay going to the fog machine. Use a multimeter to read the voltage from the jack on the control box and buy a relay that activates with that voltage. From what I've found online, the relay should be able to switch a 120v supply. Then you can use a normal push-button wired remote and wire the relay in place of the button. Run the switching wire out the side and connect to the prop control box.

View attachment 569465
NOTE: I left the wiring colors ambiguous, as they differ between brands sometimes. All you need is to bridge the switch contacts with the relay.

I did a little recon on the adapter cable for Cerberus and it looks like that is exactly what the box does. All the OP would need is the female 2 pin socket to keep it plug n play. As far as the fog machine goes, I think they are all 'Industry Standard' except for the Lite FX brand foggers. They have a couple pins reversed on the remote plug but there's information on the web about how to 'fix' that so standard remotes work. I bought one second hand and after a bunch of work, found out both the pump and heater were already fried but I DO remember the remote port is different on some models but only on the Lite FX brand.
Hopefully you can work something out with Skullkrane but if not, the DIY button bypass should work.

·
Registered
99 Posts
hi i know this is a year ago but wondering if you still have that cable im in need of one? thank you
I do have a fog relay cable still. It's the one from the Pumpkin Guardian of the Grave animatronic from Spirit Halloween, but it should work with other animatronics. Feel free to message me if interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts