Halloween Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is a centerpiece that I have, (actually I have 10 of them). They are about 3 feet tall. I am decorating for a dentist Halloween party and would love to use these for centerpieces for the tables. Does anyone have any great ideas that wouldn't cost a ton of money for them? I would need to use 5 of them.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Okay, bear with me & let's see if I can describe this as accurately as I want!

I would buy 5 styrofoam heads & decorate them up to look like dental nightmare hygenists.

Like this - https://www.pinterest.com/pin/115404809174646152/

Or this - https://www.pinterest.com/pin/543246773780960598/

You could do it however you wanted, but I would put the heads into the center, highest holder on each of the centerpieces. You could secure it with black zipties if they didn't sit solidly on their own. I'm sort of imagining something spooky, yet elegant, like this, but in the top of your centerpiece - https://www.pinterest.com/pin/17592254769954497/

Make them as scary or as demure as you like, but definitely make them look like dental hygenists or even dental patients.

Then, buy a bunch of donut holes - you know, the small munchkin donut balls you can get at most grocery store bakeries. They don't need to be powdered or anything, just buy glazed or plain ones. Buy a bunch of bags of black candy melts, like this - https://www.amazon.com/Wilton-Black-Candy-Melts-10-Ounce/dp/B007EMYHB0
You can get them at craft stores or some Walmarts. Follow the directions on melting little batches at a time, and dip your donut holes in the melted mixture to coat them. Put the covered donut holes onto a baking sheet and carefully place a piece of gummy candy teeth onto each donut hole while it's still wet. Like this - https://www.amazon.com/Gummy-Fang-T...=1469075598&sr=1-1&keywords=gummy+candy+teeth

You can put two pieces of the gummy teeth on to look like a mouth, or just one piece - whatever you think looks right. Then put the tray into the fridge. Once they have hardened, you can take them off the baking trays & put them in an air tight container. It's kind of the easy way to do a cake pop.

The idea in my head is that you could buy shallow, clear plastic cups or bowls at the dollar store to put into the 4 lower tier wire holders on the centerpiece. Then fill them with the teeth donut holes as a treat for each table. If you wanted, you could even put the treats into clear baggies as take home party favors with a creepy label or something.

If you don't want to do food, my other idea is to still do the heads in the top tier of the centerpiece, but stuff bloody gauze into all the other holders and nestle bloody fake teeth that you've sculpted out of clay into the gauze. You want teeth that look like they've been pulled. Maybe buy a bunch of dental floss containers and smear them with blood on the container itself & have some of the floss pulled out with it a little red too. Stick some bloodied toothbrushes nestled into the bloody gauze too. Make it like demented dental give-aways - you know, dentists typically give you a new toothbrush, small sized toothpaste & floss. Just bloody it all up & make it look gross.

No worries if this doesn't work for you - just a couple of things I might do in the same situation. :cool:

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have few thoughts.

1. Get either glass ornaments that look like eyes or styrofoam and paint them like different colored eyeballs. Maybe you can fill one cuppling with a large ornament ball and then a smaller one with candy eyeballs (they're usually everywhere around Halloween).

2. Halloween colored ornaments (You can spray paint or hand paint some Christmas ones from the Dollar store) and wrap the stem in garland.

3. Get transparent baubles, they make some at craft stores for a dollar that split in half, put various things inside them that represent Halloween. (Fake bugs, tiny pumpkins, Halloween colored confetti shapes or glitter, Halloween colored ribbons or snippets of garland, tulle, eyeballs fingers or fangs.

I realize these all involve ornaments but the round cupplings make me think they'd be perfect for something globe like on them. :)

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
There is always cheesecloth, grey, black white cut so that strips hang down over the edge. Add spiders and black flowers and skulls or any combination of these items. A little wide woven Halloween ribbon bow and you would be all set. They would not even need to look the same as long as they all had the one unifying feature of cheesecloth.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I know you said you wanted to use those tall stands but did you consider doing something like a shallow bowl of apples with vampire fangs?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These are great ideas everyone thanks for contributing to my project. I love the dentist idea. I've been trying to figure out how to incorporate dental stuff into it and this really helped. Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts