Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lehi_cemetery_sign8.jpg

Was thinking of doing something like this which would house my lighting for my cemetery this year. Any thoughts or ideas?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a photoshopped mock up but I would want it to be similar to this. I have a foam skull I could slice down the middle and place a half on each side of the word cemetery. That might look okay,

·
Protector of the winged
1,491 Posts
That is way cool! Plus, I wish I had that kind of motivation. I'm somewhat of a procrastinator :rolleyes:

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,114 Posts
That is way cool! Plus, I wish I had that kind of motivation. I'm somewhat of a procrastinator :rolleyes:
Me too....considering all of the things I'm building right now have been in my notebook since at least May (sadly, many were even earlier than that), if I moved at even 1/4 of this speed I'd be done and doing nothing but drinking beer from now until Halloween. :cool:

·
Registered
854 Posts
HomeBrew -that looks great! I think that is the first "non-arch" foam sign i can remember here. I'm sure I'm wrong, but is it cool.
Defenestrator - have that beer anyway, and call it creativity juice. You just never know...
HM

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey what can I say, I had the day off work so I took advantage of it. And it took the whole day too, although I also built two more tombstones minus paint today also. Soooo, it's been a really long day and the back of my neck is a tad sunburned. Thanx you all and have a good night!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks good. I got a new Dremel for Christmas but haven't had a chance to break it in yet. Hopefully I will have at least one tombstone done by Halloween but it won't look nearly as nice as the ones posted by you talented haunters.:)
Thanx ya'll! Man, wish I had a dremel. Might have to invest in one.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
You done such a nice job not sure you need anyting else to go with it , it might draw peoples attention away from the detail you put in ? Excellent looking entrance sign , [ and without a dremel ] looking forward to seeing it with the paint job Homebrew .

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You done such a nice job not sure you need anyting else to go with it , it might draw peoples attention away from the detail you put in ? Excellent looking entrance sign , [ and without a dremel ] looking forward to seeing it with the paint job Homebrew .
Thank you, and yeah, no dremel :(

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Excellent job Homebrew , i really like the addition of the skulls at the bottom and you were right they do add to the prop and a very nice paint job as well , and the way you added the broken debris for added effect looks great .You really don't hang around with your prop building , you said you were hiding your lighting in this prop so i guess its got a dual purpose , what else you got in the pipeline for this year ?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Excellent job Homebrew , i really like the addition of the skulls at the bottom and you were right they do add to the prop and a very nice paint job as well , and the way you added the broken debris for added effect looks great .You really don't hang around with your prop building , you said you were hiding your lighting in this prop so i guess its got a dual purpose , what else you got in the pipeline for this year ?
Good, I was hoping they would look okay. The debris was an after thought but worked out well. Stole that idea from you tube (god bless you tube). As far as the sign serving another purpose, it's to light up the cemetery if it works well. The base of the sign is a a large piece of styrofoam packaging that our new bathroom vanity came in. I thought it might come in handy so I saved it for almost a year until now. It's hollow and will allow me to put whatever it is I want under it. I carved out three spaces in the back for light ports. It is basically going to light the cemetery area with flood lights. As far as what else is in the pipeline, I would love to build one of the Here's Johnny Ghosts or a nice coffin that moves. I have a couple more motors to use up.

Homebrew: Looks very cool! How did you carve the words in?
Thank you, I used an x-acto knife and lots of patience which I may add was getting thin. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts