Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
I love the different take you have on your cemetery. Most of us go for the taller older looking tombstones. You have tombstones that mimic more of what you would see today and it gives your cemetery an eerie more realistic feel. Because it reminds me of something I would see around where I live it seems even creepier to me. Excellent job and thanks for the great tip on how to make an awesome cemetery gate. I will be checking my local thrift stores for bed fames tomorrow:)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
as a matter of fact, y'all, they ARE real tombstones!
these are the ones the local monument company let me have for free! some were actually used (and replaced by families) a couple were damaged while in use, a few were misspelled and misdated. some are samples of styles they used to offer, but are now discontinued.
i highly recommend visiting your local monument company if you have a spot for a cemetery to be set up year-round. this is not something you want to have to move every year ;-)

·
Shadow box dancer
1,443 Posts
Um I have to say that I couldn't have real stones in my yard. They look cool, but it would just give me the willy's . Great cemetery though, can't wait to see more pics.

·
Registered
622 Posts
OK... SfCH, I have to say that's the most realistic cemetery I've seen bar none! Of course, having actual headstones probably plays a large part in that, but still... WOW!

Outstanding job! Wish I had a place for a year-round cemetery! I'm jealous! LOLOLOL!

Again, spectacular!

·
Registered
13,895 Posts
I thought those gravestones looked awfully realistic!! and the woods behind must be extra creepy at halloween time. I had no idea they disposed of "mistake" headstones so that was really interesting to learn. I forgot, did you pay anything for them? Very cool and I too would have trouble keeping them out all year round....hehe

The creaky gate was excellent. Sounded just like a professional sound track. What a great working hands-on prop that ToTers can open and experience themselves. Hope you have insurance for Halloween ToTers because your yard is sure to scare some people to death. Nice job.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
I was going to say that I was impressed at how real looking you made the tombstones but after reading all the posts, I know WHY they look so real haha
Love the flowers in front of them....makes it even more real looking.

MsM

1 - 20 of 34 Posts