Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my first yard haunt last year and had horrible problems with the lighting. This year I would love to do it better. I would love some suggestions on how to light headstones and the fence. I am also going to build an above ground "city of the dead" thing like they have in New Orleans so some suggestions on how to light that would be great. Pics of your lighting set up would be fantastic.

Thanks and have a great one, audible

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hmn, you could try some black light bulbs (not blacklights), or you know those glow stick necklaces? You could either keep them straight or 'wind' them through the skulls to gently light them up.

·
Registered
14,081 Posts
Audible, nice to see you posting here. This post might be better placed under the Prop section. You can specifically tag it for Lighting. You'll also find lots of ideas there if you go through the Lighting threads and if you check out the Prop Showcase area you'll find plenty of haunts with various lighting set ups.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm certainly no lighting expert but, at least in my yard, I've found less is more. After trying various colors, I now use only 3 blue flood lights. I've found it gives that creepy shadowy look as opposed to the other colors which are much brighter. Also, my flicker candles, pumpkins, and tiki torches look great in the blue light. Hope this helps.

View attachment 5498
View attachment 5501
View attachment 5499

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank so much for the reply this helps a lot. This is going to be only my second haunt and I have a long way to go to catch up to every one else on here. I love the blue light, it makes everything look fantastic. I was going to go with one light per headstone and floods in the front. I think that may wash everything out. I think the blue is the way to go. I will give it a test run and see how it looks. Thanks again.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I really like the blue light as well. We usually use green lights focused on the house and red to highlight the garden area. We used one blue last year for one prop and it looked great. So, blue all the way around this year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts