Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone sell a combo light set for home haunt graveyard?

I'm having difficulty deciding what I'll need...I've already bought blue bulbs for my landscape lighting, but that's as far as I got..I'll have a graveyard with 10 or so tombstones, ground fog, an animated caretaker and a mausoleum in a corner, surrounded by a graveyard fence..
thanks for any suggestions!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Been thinking about this for quite some time.

We have LED bulbs manufactured and offer them via the website along with the ZipStakes/ZipMounts I invented to work in concert with the ZipTwist Sockets, the ZipTwist LightRocks, ZipCord, ZipPlugs, and ZipOutlet, it seems like it would make sense to offer a kit.

Question is how big is the graveyard?

How many lights would you want to add?

Would you want to do a wash of color over the whole yard and then spotlight the tombstones and assorted props?

To me your description sounds like you would need about a dozen lights plus the wash lightsI figure 15' between lights (gives you side and back room for running cord), 20' extra for the wash light placement (x2) plus starter from the outlet - figre about a reel of 250' of zip cable, 1 plug, 1 outlet, 12 sockets, 10 stakes 2 mounts, and 2 lightRocks (put those closest to the street so you do not need to hide the lights).

Sooooooo before bulbs you would have almost around 300 buck expense.
Guessing 2 120 LED bulbs for wash, and 12 36 led bulbs for tombstones and props and you have another 200.

Can I interest you in a completely self customizable 14 light kit for your graveyard at $450-500?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, Gorey, I would possibly be interested in a customizable light kit...

I like your selection of stuff (it's almost too many choices..haha)...

what about a smaller version of the one you mention? For example could I get away with something smaller than the 36 led bulbs?
My graveyard is only about 50 x50, pretty small...and I have about 20 feet of lawn between the graveyard and the street...

I was thinking of a blue wash, and spots on the props, as you said...I'm just trying to spend about half of the 500 you had quoted...I figured it was something I would add to each year, as I cannot afford it all at once...

·
Registered
285 Posts
There is always the 12 or 18 LED bulbs - but you need to consider things like the rest of the lighting you may need to overcome.

Do you have street lights casting lumens on you?
An ornery neighbor with a uuber bright security light?

Also consider that smaller bulbs have smaller illumination patterns.
The 36 LED bulbs have a good sized light pattern when using 8-10' spacing front to rear with tombstones.

Of course smaller kits could be done.
They can all be easily expandable.

I have about a 20 by 80 graveyard and use about what I first described.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts