Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of ideas on cemetery fencing that does not require being put into the ground. I have fake grass and do not want to puncture holes in for the fencing to go in. Any ideas? Maybe attach the fencing to the columns? Any thing will help! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Are your columns already built? I think it would depend how sturdy your columns are and what material your fencing will be if the columns will hold them up.
I am planning on attaching my fencing to my columns. I am using pre-made aluminum fence panels, so I bought the hanging brackets that go with those to attach to my columns (like they would to a post for real fencing).
I usually attach my columns to the ground using landscape staples (U-shaped pieces of metal), since they might blow over in my yard...these would probably be small enough for fake grass (most of which is held down by nails of some sort anyway, right?) without ruining it...but if your columns are super sturdy, you wouldn't need to attach them to the grass anyway.

I'm trying to think of anything else small enough that wouldn't hurt your faux grass to attach fencing to the ground, but haven't come up with anything yet!

·
Registered
277 Posts
It would help if you could give a bit more info on your columns. If you haven't built them yet, you could build them with removable back sides and a solid base, then just put 1 or 2 small buckets filled with sand inside to hold them down. Then just attach the fence (assuming faux-PVC?) to the columns.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts