Halloween Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
It's pronounced "Fronkensteen."
537 Posts
I like the light is wired in. I think I would install an outlet near the base as well, and use it a distribution point for my other lighting. I'm a little jealous. I wanted to build something like this, but I've not had the time, or the room to store it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I like the light is wired in. I think I would install an outlet near the base as well, and use it a distribution point for my other lighting. I'm a little jealous. I wanted to build something like this, but I've not had the time, or the room to store it.
Yeah...I definitely thought about wiring an outlet in the bases of these columns. I still plan on making five more columns at the minimum in the future, so I'll probably wire a few of them with outlets.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
It's coming along! Ran out of paint for the rest of the fence, though...so I'll be heading to the hardware store soon. My wife just LOVES that I have to make more trips...I'm already over budget, so what's a little bit more, right? :p

As you can see, the yard follows the street curve around. That side yard is A LOT bigger than this part, and has more space between the sidewalk and the house. I can't wait to be able to fence the whole thing in and add cemetery gates to the haunt in the next couple of years!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks. I like it too. It fits the themes pretty well I think. One day though I will be building a fence similar to yours for the cemetery that I put in the neighbor's yard. Your fence is looking great. Nicely done.
Thank you! Please post pics of your completed yard when you're all done!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Looks good! I don't know if I read over the suggestion, but I use 1/2" rebar at each end of my fence to hold it in place. I did screw them together like you have, but a strong wind came though one day, and I came home to everything toppled over on the sidewalk. Then I took some thick yarn and tied it around my columns and fence to keep them afloat, and so far they are upright after some pretty heavy winds. I do like your lights atop the columns too! I might have to use that idea.

Nice yard too!!! Nice and FLAT!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Looks good! I don't know if I read over the suggestion, but I use 1/2" rebar at each end of my fence to hold it in place. I did screw them together like you have, but a strong wind came though one day, and I came home to everything toppled over on the sidewalk. Then I took some thick yarn and tied it around my columns and fence to keep them afloat, and so far they are upright after some pretty heavy winds. I do like your lights atop the columns too! I might have to use that idea.

Nice yard too!!! Nice and FLAT!!!

Thank you! I thought about going the rebar route, but ended up using 4' long u-posts and attached them to the fence at every panel with black zip ties. It is fairly windy today, and they seem to be holding up beautifully.

Looks great, nice job, love the skulls on the posts :)
Thanks! Yeah, the skulls were almost a last-minute change. Couldn't decide if I wanted to put lights in the eyes, paint them the color of the stone column, or leave them as-is with a little bit of dry-brushing. Went with the last one. The vines came in from Amazon.com the other day, so I quickly gave them a dusting of brown spray paint and started hot-gluing them to the columns.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts