Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I thought I would share with you all my grand plans for some cemetery entry gates that I plan on building for this years display, along with some other things.

I have had the guys in the metal shop at work(It pays to have a good boss) who have made me up some metal frames for the pillars measuring 2m/6.5' high and 50cm/1.6' square that I am going to cover with foam and painted up etc and hopefully ad some lighting. They will be spaced about 3.5m/11.4' apart with an arched "BURTON St CEMETERY" sign connecting the 2 pillars together. I have a picture of one of the 2 frames below. They've been made in 2 parts for storage.

I'll update as the build progresses with picture and questions, i'm sure i'll need some of your expertise as I move along.

IMG_3255.jpg

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A bit of an update, I have started covering the first of my frames, the pics below show how the skin slides over the frame so I can remove it for storage without being damaged. I also had my wife stand next to it to see the scale of the project :)
IMG_3516.jpg IMG_3517.jpg IMG_3518.jpg
IMG_3525.jpg IMG_3528.jpg

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The guys have been hard at work making the sign to go between my pillars, I think they've done a great job. I need to look at starting to paint the columns soon. The bottom picture shows a bit of scale with the guys holding it up. I'm really happy with the way it's coming along.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Those are going to be some serious columns when theyr'e finished,not seen any framed out in metal before.

That sign is seriously nice:love:. what a great place to work. Looking forward to seeing them finished.:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those are going to be some serious columns when theyr'e finished,not seen any framed out in metal before.

That sign is seriously nice:love:. what a great place to work. Looking forward to seeing them finished.:)
Thanks.

I needed the frames in metal to take the weight of the "BURTON ST CEMETERY" sign across the top and to ensure I can use it for many years to come. Another reason for the metal frame is I can replace the outer pillar covers to something else in the future but still have the same solid base to work with.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hi guys, time for another update, I finally have all the frames and sign home and put together, with the frames now covered as well. Now it's time to age and paint the columns. Here how they look now, again with my wife in the pic to show some scale.
IMG_3708.JPG

1 - 9 of 9 Posts