Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Halloween AA Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working on my cemetery columns for quite some time now. I built the frame and put the styrophome on in March, then I had a baby on March 27th and I'm now getting back into it. I worked very slowly since I was so big and I got tired quickly, but it kept me busy and my mind occupied while waiting for Xavier to come. I did the initial building in the basement and now that it is much nicer out I've moved them to the garage.

Here are pictures of the framing and such.

I'm in the process now of doing some routing, and adding some aging. I'll post more photos tomorrow. I'm also going to get some drylock tomorrow.

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Well, congratulations again on the little one. My wife is due in about 4 weeks. She can totally relate to "working slowly because she's so big".

The columns are looking great! I'm attempting to paint and age some stuff this week, so please post lots of pics!

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,115 Posts
Nice work 13, looking good. Looking forward to watching your build progress! Congrats on the little one, I know my 19-month old makes working on my projects fun, now that she's able to get dirty with me!

·
Halloween AA Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks TK421, I hope your wife isn't to tired, only 4 more weeks to go. I bet you guys can't wait.

These suckers are 6' x 2'1.5". I was afraid I wasn't going to get them out of the basement, but they just fit. =)

I have to wait now till Monday to see if the Drylok I ordered come in or not. It was supposed to be here today. =( At least I still have some more routing to do.

I'm planning on putting shelves on the front with some PVC flicker candles on them (got those done). Something like what Eerie did on his.

More pics to come later today.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,458 Posts
Looks really good so far, Mummy! You've made a lot of progress for having a new baby at home.
Are you sure he's not strapped to your back while you work on the columns? LOL

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,115 Posts
Very nice job, like classic lines and the spider cracks are thin and should be fun to age!

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Wow mummy those are coming along great! You did a great job with the cracks! Can't wait to see more pics.

MsM

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,115 Posts
Rereading through it's funny to read the appreciation for cracks that we all have! Only a group such as us could appreciate a good crack! Now seeing this we could have a rush on new members as the plumbers guild may find us to be an appreciative group! lol!

·
Pumpkin w/ BIG stem
895 Posts
looking great, i might update my columns this year

·
Halloween AA Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Updated photos

I have a few photos to show my progress. Let me what you think.

All the construction is done on them, here shows how they will look with the candles on them (idea from Eerie). The cord will be going through the column so you won't see it.

Here's one of the columns with two coats of Drylok. On the other colmn the black outline is where my sign will be going.

Here's a closer look.

Of course I still have aging painting to do.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts