Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going for an old, weathered, plastered brick look for my columns and because I needed to move them to another location, I built them in 3 parts so they could be easily transported in the back of my SUV. They are 6 feet tall and needed to be sturdy so they are made from OSB over a 2x2 frame, covered in joint compound, Drylock and foam for the bricks. The light fixtures were a great find at my local Habitat for Humanity Restore. I was also fortunate to receive a free headless mannequin from my brother-in-law that his golf shop was throwing out. So I turned him into a reaper using monster mud and burlap. He will be holding a lantern either at the entrance to the haunt or in the crypt area. My nephew was kind enough to let me cast his upper body for the pair of hanging reapers I made who will be holding scythes and flanking the columns. My neighbors are starting to judge me. LOL :D

Oh and a doll head I found on the trails I hike which I painted to look like a dead staring, creepy doll head, because everyone needs a creepy doll head.

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
awesome work :) hope you put up picks when all set up, the reapers will look amazing on the columns !!!
and what to say about the standing reaper ?? just fantastic job , well done..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome work :) hope you put up picks when all set up, the reapers will look amazing on the columns !!!
and what to say about the standing reaper ?? just fantastic job , well done..
Thank you so much! I appreciate the compliments. :) I'll definitely post pics when everything is set up. Unfortunately it won't be until the 29th when my haunt party is happening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts