Man! You are knocking it out of the park this year! I agree with gr8johnson, that's the best fence/column set up I've ever seen. The talent and creativity of so many folks here never ceases to amaze and inspire! Strong work!
Cemetery fence posts. I was concerned about the stability of the fence if I just pounded rebar into the ground and placed the 2" PVC posts over the rebar. I created rebar guides on the inside of my posts using 1/2" plywood, PVC & gorilla glue.
Guide inside of fence post.
Bah I need to redo my fence from last year and expand it ALOT to keep people out. I love how you did the finals there =) I may have to start my fence early this year - IF IF IF I can get a Truck for the materials (i have a car so its hard to transport alot) and if i can get a new drill that wont die after ONE hole is drilled.
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. The fence is the standard 1x2 and 1/2" PVC. The finials are made from craft foam (I made a tut on 5 cent finials) I was able to make each fence section for about $11.00. The arcs are 1/4" craft foam I was lucky enough to find at American Science and Surplus for cheep.
Some tips from my build
1. Tape the (3) 1x2x8 together so when you drill you drill all 3 at once.
2. Mark the ends so you know which 3 go together during assembly.
3. Pre-drill and countersink the screw holes in the 1x2 (my laziness got me on one set and I had to redo the wood since I split it so badly)
4. Make a jig. Build one section, then from it create a jig to help assemble the other panels. I used two 2x4, marked where the 1x2 would lay, using a table saw made notches to hold the (3) 1x2 assembly was a breeze.
5. Remember its a fence and part of the scene not a center piece prop. (mistakes and imperfections will only be known by you)
Started working on this year's big prop to put up for sale. Doing a smoldering corpse of a witch who has been burned at the stake. The corpse will have smoke (fog) seeping out of it and there will be glowing coals and wood around the bottom of the stake. So far I've gotten as far as creating the...
I would like a simple way to make my props shake this year, without having to build anything too elaborate, or purchase an actual bush shaker. I intend to put motion detectors on the props, turning power on and off. I've thought about : an old blender and an old electric drill. Any other...
Has anybody seen the Lunging Clown Head prop made by VFX?? http://www.vfxcreates.com/products/jack-in-the-box-lunging-clown-head/
I would love to make this prop but would like to see the mechanism in action!! I am guessing it is a type of scissor mech. controlled by the opening and closing of...
Hello all, trying to replicate the grave grabber that’s in this video.
Toddzilla are you on here? Hoping you could send me the plans? I am close but trying to get more movement on my arm so I’d like to see what the dimensions are. Thanks!