Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,471 Posts
Man! You are knocking it out of the park this year! I agree with gr8johnson, that's the best fence/column set up I've ever seen. The talent and creativity of so many folks here never ceases to amaze and inspire! Strong work!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cemetery fence posts. I was concerned about the stability of the fence if I just pounded rebar into the ground and placed the 2" PVC posts over the rebar. I created rebar guides on the inside of my posts using 1/2" plywood, PVC & gorilla glue.
ReBar Guide
DSCN1338.jpg
Guide inside of fence post.
DSCN1349.jpg
Fence Post
DSCN1324.jpg

·
Registered
238 Posts
Bah I need to redo my fence from last year and expand it ALOT to keep people out. I love how you did the finals there =) I may have to start my fence early this year - IF IF IF I can get a Truck for the materials (i have a car so its hard to transport alot) and if i can get a new drill that wont die after ONE hole is drilled.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. The fence is the standard 1x2 and 1/2" PVC. The finials are made from craft foam (I made a tut on 5 cent finials) I was able to make each fence section for about $11.00. The arcs are 1/4" craft foam I was lucky enough to find at American Science and Surplus for cheep.

Some tips from my build
1. Tape the (3) 1x2x8 together so when you drill you drill all 3 at once.
2. Mark the ends so you know which 3 go together during assembly.
3. Pre-drill and countersink the screw holes in the 1x2 (my laziness got me on one set and I had to redo the wood since I split it so badly)
4. Make a jig. Build one section, then from it create a jig to help assemble the other panels. I used two 2x4, marked where the 1x2 would lay, using a table saw made notches to hold the (3) 1x2 assembly was a breeze.
5. Remember its a fence and part of the scene not a center piece prop. (mistakes and imperfections will only be known by you)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts