Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love to collect pictures of "artful" gravestones and decided to start posting them in my album on the forum. The first picture was posted today, but there will be many more to come. If you need inspiration for next year's props check the album occasionally. As new pictures are posted I will bump this post back up to the top. Happy New Year!

Halloween Forum - Madame Turlock's Album: Cemetery Art

A

·
0 Posts

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm glad you are all enjoying the pictures. Witchie Poo can you save room in your luggage for a stowaway. I really want to go to Scotland but I'm going through a "poor but happy" phase of life right now. (giggle) Why am I giggling....it's really not that fun!

Stay tuned...more cemetery art pictures to come.

·
Hauntless
8,343 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,662 Posts
Very cool stuff.

Here's a tombstone in Ogden Utah that struck me. Odd to see such a new one (2003 IIRC) in the style.

My mom is an author of period romance novels, and many, MANY of our vacations growing up involved touring old cemeteries and finding ghost towns and THIER cemeteries. Taking photos and rubbings (cause names were odd back then).

The one that stands out is Virginia City Cemetery. I have those photos around somewhere in hard-copy. I'll see about getting them up in digital format.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Saturday we spent the afternoon at two cemeteries in Denver. One is just filled with mausoleums. We took pictures and I'll be posting them on our website. It was inspiring. We are planning on adding another mausoleum to our graveyard next year.

I especially like to study the aging so that I can have ours become more and more realistic. It's always interesting to see pictures of headstones from different parts of the world, country, etc. and see how that climate effected the headstones.

Great thread to start!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Let me congratulate you Ladies for having excellent taste in cemeteries!
Witchiepoo, the Scottish graveyard are absolutely gorgeous thnks a lot for sharing!
For those you did see it, hallow me to tell you that there is already a Cemetery thread :

http://www.halloweenforum.com/general-halloween/66584-if-you-appreciate-beautiful-graveyards.html

I still got plenty of pictures from the most beautiful cemeteries in Paris. I planned for a while to post it but I have to retouch'em a bit first.

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Dr. Z thanks for the link to the other post. These threads tend to get "buried" over the years don't they?

·
Warlock
1,369 Posts

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very cool stuff.

My mom is an author of period romance novels, and many, MANY of our vacations growing up involved touring old cemeteries and finding ghost towns and THIER cemeteries. Taking photos and rubbings (cause names were odd back then).

The one that stands out is Virginia City Cemetery. I have those photos around somewhere in hard-copy. I'll see about getting them up in digital format.
That is so interesting to hear your family background. What a great experience.

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This a famous paris cemetery, but it has some gorgeous art. You can take a virtual tour which is time consuming, but sort of fun.
This is my favorite cemetery in the whole world. I have a "ton" of beautiful pictures from that cemetery. I will post them throughout the year because I think sometime people can get a bit overwhelmed by so many pictures. This time of year there are so many great haunt pictures to view. It's hard to keep up, isn't it?

·
I'll get you my pretty!
550 Posts
i'm glad you have all enjoyed my pictures & thank you for another lovely one in your album m T :) just going to browse through the other links now :)

·
Hauntless
8,343 Posts
1 - 20 of 65 Posts