1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,643 Posts
Nice! Is it aluminum stock?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Those pieces of tubing look like bed frames. Make them into bed frames and imprison two mice in the hollow tubing for a most insidious way to haunt any bedroom.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Ooh! Love the font! You are so talented to be able to cut your own letters! Last year I purchased my letters from the craft store...only I accidentally bought the letters to spell: CEMETARY!!! Had to fix that one last minute, but it gave me quite a laugh. I am enjoying seeing your progress on the arch!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ooh! Love the font! You are so talented to be able to cut your own letters! Last year I purchased my letters from the craft store...only I accidentally bought the letters to spell: CEMETARY!!! Had to fix that one last minute, but it gave me quite a laugh. I am enjoying seeing your progress on the arch!
Thanks I didn't cut those though. My wife has a die cutter silhouette machine just load and press button

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Amazing matching-up of the wood grains with the skull's roundness. (Might be a shame to paint over those grains!)
My old art Teacher carved angels playing baseball and she made an arm muscle on the wood so it had the round wood grain on the Angels' shoulder muscle as She was all wound-up for the pitch.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,643 Posts
This looks amazing! Personally, I like the look of the wings underneath. Gives it some more dimension/depth. Great project so far!

Reactions: eightcircuits

·
Registered
142 Posts
Definitely under. I think low wattage LED "tape" lighting on the top of the lower arch would really make the lettering pop at night. I've used the LED tape before. It's less than the thickness of a nickel, so with the arch overhead, only the glow of the LEDs would be visible.

·
Registered
72 Posts
This looks amazing! I am enjoying following our your progress, keep the pictures coming!

Reactions: eightcircuits

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Definitely under. I think low wattage LED "tape" lighting on the top of the lower arch would really make the lettering pop at night. I've used the LED tape before. It's less than the thickness of a nickel, so with the arch overhead, only the glow of the LEDs would be visible.
That's what I used today it turned out pretty good. Thanks

1 - 20 of 44 Posts