Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Insane
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was out for my normal daily walk i went into the cemetery up the block from me and i saw all great looking stones and the inspiration i get from them and thought it would be nice it we all could share pictures of the cemetery's in our towns or city's. Will upload ones from mine later in the day.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Cool Idea. There is also a group here in the Forum called "Graveyard Photography". There are a lot of great shots in there.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Went to Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, GA a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately, I only spent about an hour there. It could have easily been an all day affair! Anyhow, here are a few pics from it. I have others posted in an album on my profile if you want to see more.
Pic3.jpg
pic8.jpg
pic12.jpg
pic20.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
I love cemeteries and graveyards! Here are some from my recent travels.

These are from Alexandria, VA:

Alexandria 1.jpg

Alexandria 2.jpg

Alexandria 3.jpg

And a few from St. Louis Cemetery #1 in New Orleans:

Nola 1.jpg

Nola 2.jpg

Nola 3.jpg

·
Registered
261 Posts
OH! And if anyone has any shots of colonial tombstones I would LOVE to see those! Especially with winged skulls! Loved the ones beratedlime put up!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I love old tombstones! I live in Minnesota and it's hard to find anything from earlier than the late 1800's. I took a trip to NYC and toured Trinity Church and it's graveyard was incredible! Keep all of those pictures coming!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Here's one from where I work.

God Bless America. God Bless my Fallen Brothers

cemetery.jpg

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,155 Posts
I live very close to, what is said to be, one of Illinois most haunted places...The Old Lithuanian Cemetery (or Lithuanian Liberty Cemetery). It's quite tiny and old, nestled in the trees off a side road. There is Massock Mausoleum that has many stories surrounding it, such as the Hatchet Man, who is said to guard the graves and old mansion home of the Massock brothers. They say if the mausoleum is warm to the touch the Hatchet Man is out to get you for trespassing/vandalizing or such. There are also the stories of the Vampire who is said to have lived there for quite a long time. My husband and I visited one day in the fall the year before last...had to go during the day because the police do many drives by at night, I'm told. (plus i was a bit scared of the place to go at night, hahaha) Love really old cemeteries...beautiful and creepy all at once! He took a pic of me, using my phone, sitting by the mausoleum which I posted below. I didn't get to meet the Vampire or Hatchet Man, but it was cool all the same. Wish I had taken more pics...I will have to visit again sometime, this time with my camera! Oh, and you can do a search of this haunted place online if you'd like, or here are 2 links to pages I found you may like to read:
http://www.ghosttraveller.com/spring_valley_il.htm
trueillinoishaunts.com/2010/05/09/top-10-creepiest-places-in-illinois/

1022111512a.jpg

(...and I did check, it wasn't hot or warm to the touch for me. I must've been deemed non-troublemaker to the Hatchet Man, lol.)

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
Oh, wow, you guys. Such beautiful shots. I'll have to dig up some of my old photos that I've taken and post them.

Out of curiosity, what makes you want to take a picture of a specific grave? I mean, I know statues are just begging to be shot, but what about plain headstones?

I tend to look for interesting decorations on the stones, but I also like to snap shots of unusual names.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts