Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally decide what I "want" to do for decorating the yard this year and now I need some inspiration. With all intentions I am hoping to build 4 to 5 shacks (maybe along the lines of an out house old rustic look) and place them in my graveyard. Trying to make something along the lines of mini-graveyard village with characters at each house as people walk through. I am hoping to build the front of these shacks to be approx 4 to 6 foot long and 5 to 6 foot high. Does anyone have any pictures that they can share of shack type building used in Halloween decorations? I need some ideas I what to make these look like. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm thinking of going down the lines of an old western town/graveyard setting. With a road (walkway) through the middle.

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
This sounds a lot like the haunted shack I've built. I made it in 4x8 panels for the floor and walls, framed with 2x3 lumber and skinned slat board style with all kinds of scrap lumber. The ceiling and gable panels are in 2x8 units because they need to be lifted overhead, and the roof panels are in 2x6 sections. The panels attach together using hinges with easily removed pins. The entire thing is essentially a knock down/ flat pack kit for storage.

I've been tinkering with the idea of making several more to create an ever-expanding summer haunt attraction that I'll use as a promotion at various community events, as well as possibly using them as temporary structures for village in a zombiepocalypse LARP.

·
aka Halloweenqueen
1,435 Posts
An amazing vlog for ideas is Hollywood Haunter. They are building a complete western town in their front yard! The previous years they had an awesome cemetery haunt. Check them out on YouTube.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts