Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Horror off the Highway
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an idea for something to do during the warmer months leading up to Halloween. I was gonna take my camera and take a walk in some local cemetaries and take pics of some that catch my eye. Then I though : how about posting a thread and others can come back and post their pics on here to!
I'll prob go in the next week or so since I will be on holidays! Anybody else game?

·
Halloween Bad Girl
1,029 Posts
OOOHH a cemetery scavenger hunt would be cool also..

For instance, I locate a obelisk and you have to post your obelisk, each week we post new things to locate in the cemetery..

Or you could create a list of say 10 items and try to see if your local cemetery has those in the list. Say for instance the oldest person buried there, the weirdest shaped tombstone, famous person, etc...

Just my 2 cents.

Another thing that would be cool, is to take a few black and white cemetery pics and trade with another person. For instance swap photos through snail mail. I do this on another group that I am in.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, you just hit on something I am very passionate about.

·
Horror off the Highway
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OOOHH a cemetery scavenger hunt would be cool also..

For instance, I locate a obelisk and you have to post your obelisk, each week we post new things to locate in the cemetery..

Or you could create a list of say 10 items and try to see if your local cemetery has those in the list. Say for instance the oldest person buried there, the weirdest shaped tombstone, famous person, etc...

Just my 2 cents.

Another thing that would be cool, is to take a few black and white cemetery pics and trade with another person. For instance swap photos through snail mail. I do this on another group that I am in.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, you just hit on something I am very passionate about.

OMG that is an awesome idea!! I love it! Let's sooo do that! :D

·
Registered
552 Posts
Off topic, Did you like the base. I live right down the road from there, to bad you didnt look around the area. Acouple of really amazing graveyards and even one in a shopping center. The one with Shoppers and Taco bell, san Soucci. I remember the one time we walked past the stones and one fell. They havent been touched in 100 years.

·
Creepy Clown Is Redundant
642 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Oh this is cool! We went to the cemetery next to where my dad is buried (his is boring, the one next door is huge) and took tons of pics a few months ago. Also visited the Hollywood Forever cemetery in LA a few years back. It is awesome. Going to LA over Labor Day weekend and maybe we'll hit where Bela Lugosi is buried, we didn't have time last trip :( This trip is turning into a spooky tour, we are also visiting a couple stores, Necromance and HalloweenTown. So, the Bela Lugosi visit would fit right in! :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
These pictures are awesome! We have a rural cemetery where i live, I will have to post pictures soon. There is one tombstone that looks as if its being eaten by a tree, I mean the tree branch is literally growing into the tombstone

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was out in Williams AZ a few weeks ago and stumbled across this cemetery amongst the trees, I wish I would have taken some better photos. I did go back in the evening as the sun was setting and walked much deeper into the area, it seemed it went on for miles, much to far to explore at night. Look at the dates on the stones, they are old, (The two head stones are 1846-1917/1916 husband and wife).

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,111 Posts
Off topic, Did you like the base. I live right down the road from there, to bad you didnt look around the area. Acouple of really amazing graveyards and even one in a shopping center. The one with Shoppers and Taco bell, san Soucci. I remember the one time we walked past the stones and one fell. They havent been touched in 100 years.
Biggie, stumbled upon that cemetery by accident in July during my most recent trip there, but didn't have a camera with me. I also went down near Hollywood and the United Methodist CHurch there and that is another great cemetery...plenty of photos from that one as well. WHen I'm back out there again (September) I'll head down to the old fort as I have heard there is a good old military cemetery there as well.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts