Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am curious to see what your plans are for cemetary lighting? I have a cemetary setup with some fog and some props, but the lighting is just static and plain. I saw this setup for sale, and I love what it's doing, but it's a bit pricey for my budget. I was wondering if anyone is doing something similar, but more on a budget?

Haunted House In A Box by Lights Alive

Thoughts?

Thanks! :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just got a DJ strobe off of ebay for $30 and I see that guitar center sells a strobe controller for $22 bucks. I'm going try to run a thunder track with it and see what happens.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Otaku

Madame Turlock, i'd love to have the haunted house in a box, but it's far too expensive! hopefully i can acheive something just as cool but for more than half off :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
It is expensive but, well worth the money. I love mine. If you do ever get one go to animatedlighting.com to buy it. This is the company that makes it. It works even better for x-mas lights.

·
Registered
84 Posts
for our haunted house we used solar powered pathway lights to line the walkway through our graveyard. they are totally awesome. just set them out the day before to charge and they stay lit all night. plus they give off an eerie blue light that adds to the creepy ambience of the cemetery. they look especially great through fog :D

·
Banned
524 Posts
Hey all,

I am curious to see what your plans are for cemetary lighting? I have a cemetary setup with some fog and some props, but the lighting is just static and plain. I saw this setup for sale, and I love what it's doing, but it's a bit pricey for my budget. I was wondering if anyone is doing something similar, but more on a budget?

Thoughts?

Thanks! :D
I don't know much about AL but I know some people that use AL for their Halloween and Christmas displays. They do a good job but the are overpriced. If you want to do something like this for a more reasonable price I would go with LOR. I use it for my Halloween and Christmas displays. For Halloween I use two 16 channels boxes but not all 32 channels. You can see the boxes from the link below. They are the best value. Their are several ways you can run these. With the MP3 Director or straight from your computer with a CAT5 cable or wireless option.

Card Assembled (Complete Package)

It is the same thing that AL is but a lot cheaper in price and you can do more and their are tons of free sequences out there where AL charges you $35 per sequences. If you want to spruce up your display check it out. You could probably get away with just one box of 16 channels if you don't have a lot of lights because you can use multiple lights on one channel.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I want to use my Light-O-Rama set up. I have the eight channel hobbyist unit. Last year right before Halloween my wife was diagnosed with thyroid cancer so front yard display was canceled, thats the year I bought my LOR. This year she's having another surgery on Oct 23rd so Halloween is canceled again. Maybe next year. Super easy to use and I tinkered with it last year and it is a huge improvement over static lights.
The control board is $149 for 20 Amp heavy duty heat sink set up.
You're not just limited to 8 lights by the way. On one cord I had three lights washing the front of my house.
Software was $99.00
Purchased cord ends from them also for $15.00. Not worth the effort to buy eight cords just to cut the cord up and crimp on ring terminals when you can buy them ready to go for $15.00.
On outside, water proof plastic junction box from Home Depot for I believe about $25.00.
So for just around $300 I got a cool computer lighting system that's plenty big enough for my little front yard haunt.
Or you can buy the same thing already assembled for $219 and then $100 for software.
Good Luck!
Light-O-Rama. Control lights, music, and special effects.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts