Halloween Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I love this prop, on first sight you'd think this was a real person in a mask. My Husband just saw it and he's not a Halloween fan like me and even he said it's amazing. He said people would pay for a prop like that...I would!

·
Registered
56 Posts
If only the UK would grasp the Halloween fever like in the States, we'd have more stuff to work with. We have to try and work out what we can use to replicate the ingenious propbuilders from the other side of the pond.

·
Registered
400 Posts
The body is PVC
Iused a heat gun to curve it and give him movement.

I forgot to take pictures but his body is built up. Shaped Chicken wire stuffed it with crumpled news paper for his torso. I used old pool noodles to build up the arms and legs and lots of layers news paper and old fasioned paper mache until he is thick and hard as a rock.

then I attached the head and built up the neck with crumbled news paper covered with a couple layers of mache then building up with celluclay

I also made him some ears out of foil and clay over them. This is when his face started getting details using paper clay.

When done I sealed the whole thing with drylock several times.
This is awesome! Do you have pics or description of the base of the prop to have him standing and supporting the weight of the structure? This always seems to be where we hit a snag...the prop always tends to be heavier than what we planned so it winds up toppling over and then have to scramble to try to think of some way to support it without ripping the whole thing apart!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
This is awesome! Do you have pics or description of the base of the prop to have him standing and supporting the weight of the structure? This always seems to be where we hit a snag...the prop always tends to be heavier than what we planned so it winds up toppling over and then have to scramble to try to think of some way to support it without ripping the whole thing apart!
baboomgirl, that is always my problem too. He is very top heavy because of the extreme lunge.

I made him feet out of cement to help some.

I traced my husbands shoe and made two frames with empty coke boxes. I taped them up good and lined with trash bags. I got a little bucket of cement powder an mixed it with water, poured it in, set the PVC calf frames in to dry. It's really easier than it sounds.

I really bulked up his lower body too.

When he is in the yard I have rebarb under the pants zipped tied around his legs for extra insurance against the wind and people messing with him.

Everyone wants a picture with Mr. Herschell:) so he gets touched a lot.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts