Halloween Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
That looks great ......Ive seen a couple of people looking to make a Caretaker.......You gave me some good ideas for the pose of the body ......i just might tackle it .........

·
Witch Of The West Coast
1,752 Posts
Okay, I have started my caretaker and I'm hoping you can answer another question for me. I am building up his chin with celluclay and I'm wondering if I can do the whole chin in one sitting or should I do it in layers and let it dry in between?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Teeth

He is fantastic! How did you do his teeth..I cant figure out how to put a question on so I hope this is going to the right place..

·
Registered
115 Posts
As a former professional Commercial artist, all I can say is WELL DONE !! :D

The creative work...great.

The eyes are wonderful, and I absolutely love how you perfectly crafted the face, and the arch of the eyebrows. Perfect expression. Period. You nailed it. Especially since you say you've had no formal training.

I say again, well done Mi'lady !

I'm truly impressed !

Is there any way you could run a wire up through his arm so you could install a red or green light bulb in his lantern? That I would think would help draw attention to him, and really highlight the great face and all the wonderful work you've done on him.

·
Registered
7 Posts
WOW. THAT IS AWESOME. WELL DONE. Just to add about a light in the lantern, I made a small PVC candle for my lantern that worked really good.

·
Registered
57 Posts
He is awesome! He has a lot of character! I have never sculpted anything in my life....I imagine you have to have a talent for it....and by golly you do!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
He looks great! I love dead spider's caretaker. I wanted to try making one this past year, but I found out in Oct. the I was pregnant, so I have had to step back from making props and get a nursery ready. I hope to make him this coming year and hopefully with your instructions it will turn out as good as your! Thanks for posting them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
that thing is NASTY! (great job).

that first pic doesnt do it justice. i'd love to see a little light in the lantern of a different color (than green) - you could really get some great contrasts, highlights, and attention.

wonderful.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts