Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Witch Of The West Coast
1,752 Posts
He is great!! I am starting an undertaker for next year. Did the styrofoam skull that you started with have an open mouth? It looks like there was already some sort of tongue. The skull I have has it's teeth clenched together so, I'm wondering if I can get the same effect if I cut the lower jaw, like you did, and hallow out the top and bottom where the mouth would be.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Freakin awesome! Do you realize how amazing that is? Do you have any background in art or sculpture because I have to say, thats not easy to do and he looks incredible. I am totally amped to try my hand at something like that. Thank you for the inspiration!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Trinity1: Thankyou. Nope no formal training, I have just been sculpting and painting all my life. I can't wait to see what you do.

Mr Chicken: Dead spider is amazing.. all should check her blog out. Originaly I was going to make a replica of the Disney Hat Box Ghost but, I wanted a caretaker. Then I was thinking Lon Cheney and then I found DS tutorial.

Now I am really thinking about making replicas of all the classic movie monsters. Spending a year on each.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mizerella,

I think the skull you used really makes the caretaker. Where did you get it? Do you recommend anywhere specific for getting skulls?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thank you Curlgoddess.

bmhughes, The skull I got at walgreens i believe a couple halloweens ago. They had a ton, some with clenched teeth and some with agap mouths like mine.

This year was pretty pathetic for Halloween ...come to think I can't remember seeing life size styro skulls anywhere.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Excellent job, Miz!!
His face does look kinda Chaney-ish, and I love the pose...very dynamic.
Suggesting movement in a static prop is not at all easy, and you have accomplished it very well here.

·
Registered
57 Posts
thank you for sharing your detailed how to.....im not sure if im ready to do my own, but will certainly use parts of what you did to build some of my stuff

21 - 40 of 73 Posts