Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"That's a meteor! I'll be dipped in s**t if that ain't a meteor" - Jordy Verrell, "Creepshow".

Making a meteor, large, filled with light (color changing pumpkin lights)and cooled fog for steam. It needs to be rocky, strong, covered in small openings for the light to show and the fog to escape and it needs to be hollow for the same reason.

I'm thinking celluclay on a trashbag form, say a layer of globs and lines. After that dries, another layer of random globs and lines, and so on until I have fairly substantial half-a-meteor covered with small, natural looking openings.

Will this work? Is celluclay strong enough to hold up as a half-sphere like that?

·
Registered
312 Posts
That sounds like an awesome prop! I definetly would like to see that after it is complete.

I used Celluclay to make a torso this year and it dries very hard which makes me think that it would work for your meteor. It would have to be protected with something (like a sealer, varnish....etc) to keep the elements from getting in and compromising it. You would need to put the celluclay on a base material and build it up to what you are looking for but after it dries it seems pretty strong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts