Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still looking for a solution to a tempo puzzle. Can I get help on a simple electronics circuit?

I want to have a light sensitive resistor or photodiode controlling a 110vac power strip. I looked online but found the night light version--off when on, on when off.

A cell phone app will be flashing a cell phone's LED. The device I'm envisioning, with the light sensitive circuitry, will be attached to the phone, maybe by a rubber band, and attached temporarily so the device can be easily moved from phone to phone so that any phone's LED can be used. Its sensor will be covering the phone's LED.

A low voltage wire from the device to a 110vac power strip will toggle the strip's outlets, powered when the phone's LED light is on, and no power when the LED is off.

Its battery can be part of the unit that gets attached to the phone by means of a rubber band. However, preferably, having any necessary battery embedded, hidden inside the power strip would be much cooler, though, and overall simpler looking and simplifying its setup, since it would minimize the size of the stuff attached to the phone. If just the LSR were the only thing at the end of the low voltage line, that would be the simplest and most lightweight design I could imagine.

The device is used to flash two floor lamps 20' apart in sequence with the cell phone's LED which is being flashed by a metronome app on the phone that has visual output via the phone's LED.

A chorus of 60 singers, standing on risers, now get immediate, visual tempo queues, updated immediately using the metronome app on the smart phone. Nice!

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Is it possible to use a metronome app that outputs a tone instead of flashing the phone's light? If so, there's an easy solution using one of my Jemmy Talk controllers connected to a Solid State relay to power the lamps.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump.

Still looking for an off-the-shelf Android BT or WiFi app that has an interface where I can choose a BPM then have the BT or WiFi enabled LED or RGB LED bulb flash at that rate. Anyone? Anyone?

Bueller?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
d0ugparker
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing