Halloween Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you know if anyone sells a storm ceiling projector? I’ve been searching on Amazon, but I can only find galaxy ones. I think it would be cool to have a storm on my living room walls during this year’s Halloween party.

Reactions: Grrlgoyle

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,836 Posts
I know I've seen the gemmy projectors that have the VERY simple lightning bolt effects (mostly a illustration of a lightning bolt that is flashed using a strobe effect), but an actual cloud/storm thing that looks like the real thing, I can't say I've come across that myself.

A color organ (used to be easier to find) was one that worked with incandescent lights that you could plug into the device and then set it near a audio source (like a thunder/storm) track and it would make the lights flicker, make it feel like there was a storm effecting the electricity.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Did some looking, not exactly what your looking for, by there is a "TicTok How to DIY your storm cloud" you should check out. It involves LG cardboard panels with USB RGB strips in a random pattern glued to them. Then poly fiber fill glued via hot glue gun randomly over the strips. Then the cardboard sections are cut down to the cloud shape and attached to the wall and ceiling. With some additional lighting super bright leds, you could achieve the occasional lightening strike . These can span any distance and be as thick or thin as desired.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would like to be able to do the same but am looking for something a bit more like the ceiling in the ship room from the Disney Pirates of the Caribbean ride. The large gray swirling clouds almost like the center of a tornado would be amazing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts