Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cheap CCTV DVRs records to .264 (raw video - no container - not to be confused with H.264) format files. ALL the .264 conversion software I have found results in videos with the audio out of sync. Anyone have any experience with successfully converting these with the audio in sync or know of a service company that would convert them for me?

I'm a Windows guy but would consider Linux or even MAC to end my frustration. Last year I masked the out of sync audio with a music track but it hurt my soul : - (

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just did this for my CCTV videos, I tried putting the videos into Adobe Premiere directly but they would get corrupted very quickly in Premiere and eventually crash Premiere. In Media Player they would play perfectly without a hitch? I just figured if I could convert the files to H.264 they should work fine and they did.
I found a utility and its FREE called "Handbrake" all it does is convert videos from one format to another give it a try.
Another file converter you could try would require you to purchase would be DVDFab "Converter" its $40 I have used it before and it worked flawlessly for me on another project.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just did this for my CCTV videos, I found a utility and its FREE called "Handbrake" all it does is convert videos from one format to another give it a try.
Now I'm really depressed. The only thing I have found that will convert the files is AVIGenerator (this is what creates the out of sync audio) then I use Handbrake to convert the AVI into a MP4 that my video editor likes. Attempts to use Handbrake to convert the .264 files fail. I'm not having much luck with the "Video Audio Sync Fixer" software I found either. I'm thinking my cheap brand less DVRs from China might be creating a nonstandard/weird formatted file. Anyway, if you get bored I placed one of the files on my web site. If you can convert it with HandBrake I might have to fetch my straight razor, put on some Dido, slip into a warm bath ......................

http://www.snydercentral.com/ch00000000000002-141031-180002-183002-12p002000000.264

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad to help. That trashcan prop is near the top is my list have a couple of pics of the inside?
Could you leave me alone? I have videos to convert! Just kidding. Thanks again. I started a new thread called "Devil Can redux". I hope it's what you were looking for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts