Halloween Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Used this for our pirate scene this year. Worked perfectly.
I didn’t take pics during construction so these are after construction.
Basically it’s a wooden frame of 1x4s that outline the sides of each “rock” portion. And a wooden frame at the top and bottom.
Plant Azure Building Wood Real estate

the rock wall portion was made by screwing pvc pipe pieces diagonally to the wooden frame and covering that with 4foot wide chicken wire. Then covering that with 4 foot wide kraft paper.

the frame is about 3 feet wide allowing enough space to raise the chicken wire and still allow the paper to cover.
Make sure you crumple the paper then uncrumple it for the rough look.
Fixture Wood Composite material Building material Natural material

Tarpaulin Shade Paint Tints and shades Wood

Outerwear Sleeve Dress Waist Wood

At night, throw a light blue light on it and add a few critters and snakes. Viola!

oh, the waterfall is a blue table cover backing with plastic drop cloth. All stapled to the frame.

I used two twirling lights from Amazon and covered up the majority of the globe to give movement to the water. Worked perfectly!
Blue Purple Entertainment Performing arts Building

·
Registered
14,699 Posts
Nice! Different approach from waterfalls I’ve seen and has a real flowing appearance to it. Do I spy a “99 Cent Only” centipede there?

Love to see any daytime photos you have of your ship. Looks interesting as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice! Different approach from waterfalls I’ve seen and has a real flowing appearance to it. Do I spy a “99 Cent Only” centipede there?

Love to see any daytime photos you have of your ship. Looks interesting as well.
I bought that thing so long ago. I’m not sure where it came from but I love him. He makes an appearance every year.

here are daytimes of the ship. it was really a piece of my soul at the end. I hate the idea of breaking it down but the HOA is breathing down my neck about it. Hahaha

Sky Plant Slope Land lot Tree

Sky Plant Building Window Slope

Cloud Plant Sky Building Window

Plant Sky Building Wood Window

·
Registered
366 Posts
Holy cow! That boat is absolutely stellar! I don’t blame you for wanting to leave it out, just wow!

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Used this for our pirate scene this year. Worked perfectly.
I didn’t take pics during construction so these are after construction.
Basically it’s a wooden frame of 1x4s that outline the sides of each “rock” portion. And a wooden frame at the top and bottom.
View attachment 757348

the rock wall portion was made by screwing pvc pipe pieces diagonally to the wooden frame and covering that with 4foot wide chicken wire. Then covering that with 4 foot wide kraft paper.

the frame is about 3 feet wide allowing enough space to raise the chicken wire and still allow the paper to cover.
Make sure you crumple the paper then uncrumple it for the rough look.
View attachment 757349
View attachment 757351
View attachment 757350
At night, throw a light blue light on it and add a few critters and snakes. Viola!

oh, the waterfall is a blue table cover backing with plastic drop cloth. All stapled to the frame.

I used two twirling lights from Amazon and covered up the majority of the globe to give movement to the water. Worked perfectly!
View attachment 757352
Very well done!!!! I'm doing pirates this year so very well may be using your method on a smaller scale. Have a small flower bed in the front living room window. My thoughts, a mermaid pond with waterfall. Brilliant prop😍

1 - 13 of 13 Posts