Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured a vintage Sideshow act needed a vintage paint scheme and I think I've captured an early feel with this knife throwing backboard. It's just some old barn board and 4x4's.
IMG_0486.jpg
It also folds in half.
IMG_0448.jpg
Until 2 days ago, i hadn't thrown a knife in 15+ years. It came back to me quite quickly and quite confident in my abilities.
When you watch the vid, picture a stretched out skeleton on the backboard. 2 blades above the shoulders, 2 in the arm pits and of course the last 2 are the money shots. (between the legs) ;) Along with a sword swallower, fire breather and block head act. (I have some weird friends) This years home haunt is shaping up to be quite a show.

http://s148.photobucket.com/user/icyuodd/media/icyuodd005/MVI_0439_zpsrhl7oo1g.mp4.html

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
With the help of 2 very trusting friends, I shot blow darts and threw knives at people for the first time at a creepy wedding we helped host last night. This was a giant step and not something we took on lightly. The weeks of practicing paid off and everybody walked away unscathed. So stoked for our Halloween sideshow haunt!
knife2.jpg

·
Registered
202 Posts
There is always the chance of a ricochet..and don't forget the lighting will be totally different at night..you also have flash cameras possibly going off..better to play it safe and throw at a wheel with a bucky pinned to it..so you can claim..I never hit anybody..meanwhile lots of knives in the dead bucky .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts