Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone! We still have more stalagmites and stalactites to place/hang. And we still have to do the lighting (multiple fake candles).

BUT.. The one thing I haven't figured out yet is what to do with the floor. Something dark would be good ( it needs to be inexpensive). We were thinking of throwing some dried up leaves in there. Any ideas?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for the kind comments!
OK here is the progress update:

We got some landscape liner/paper for the floor.

Next we'll add some lighting. Gonna probably go with some low red/orange lights in the cave, but not sure yet.

One question I have is whether the fog from the cauldron will be lit up by the projector for the singing pumpkins, thereby ruining the effect. I am prepared to purchase a tiny fan to keep the fog away from the pumpkins and projector -- but I'm not sure if that will work or not... :eek:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Very cool! I like the nice smooth movement. I also like the way he lifts his head so slow! In the dark with the right lighting it must be megga-creepy!

·
Registered
503 Posts
I absolutely love the stalactites and stalagmites! Definitely gives it a real cave feel. Do you have any bats hanging down from the cave?
Did you run landscape fabric on the underside of the garage doors too? I ended up having to do that because I was getting too much reflection
because the backside of my doors are white. I added a few sheared strips and cobwebs to give a creepier look.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
15 Participants
Echo Sorceress
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing