Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally made a cauldron creep...well, two of them actually. However, instead of having them stir a cauldron, I am making them into grave diggers.

The first one uses a single vent motor, with a drive shaft out both sides to move both the head and an arm holding a lantern. The second one uses two motors...one for the head, and another that is going to be mounted down low in order to be attached to a shovel for digging.

Both are almost complete, I still need to dress them up better than they are right now. Here is a video of the lantern holder:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Great idea. Might have to make one of these for my graveyard that I will be doing next year. I would love to see the digger too!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Great job!

Can you show the linkage for the vent motor? I did something similar but had to add a counter weight to get the vent motor to lift the weight of the arm.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll get a video of the digger up as soon as it is finished. DD, I'll snap a pic of the linkage and post it a bit later. Thank you for the kind words, everyone!

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
Thanks for the mechanics pics. Interesting how its a single motor setup with a pass through crank shaft. I have several rotisserie motors where the shaft can pass through them. Have to see how I can implement your design into some props. Nice work!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks! I was worried about if the motor had enough torque to handle both, but it works like a charm running 12 volts through it. I modified an ATX power supply so I can run both grave diggers and their eyes off of it. So far, it's holding up!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts