Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post my progress on a few props that I've been working on. Just wanted to get a little feedback from you guys. I still have to dress him up and add the bones, the other shelves will have glowing potions and whatever I can find to decorate it up.

http://youtu.be/eLs4FdRfhAg
http://youtu.be/hkMSw_U01-E

·
Registered
22 Posts
I really like them! The slow movements of the skeleton and the books make the whole scene even creepier! I would love to know how you build the props.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Impressive! Love the books, lighting, skelly, can't wait to see it completed! :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all! The coals lighting effect is the normal ping pong, wiffle ball, wire mesh, and expanding foam. I used 3 strands of lights (red/ orange) each strand is wired to fluorescent starters (fs-4 and fs-2) iirc to have random flickering. Wiper motor to control the cauldron stirring 3v power supply. The creeps head movement is a vent motor powered by a 9v power supply. The books for the shelf were cut, I cut all but an inch of the top and and inch of the spine to keep it together and to keep the visual of the books. I planned down some wood the thickness of the pages and glued them in and stapled them together. I used small eye screws and small return springs to return the books to neutral. The cam consist of threaded rod 1/4" and round 4" wood disc powered by a vent motor at 12v. I drilled the holes off center on the disc. One thing that I learned was to have the motor turn the cams so that they hit the bottom of the book first and travel up the book. My springs are connected 1.5" from the bottom of the book. Ill get more pictures of the behind the scenes this afternoon. I hope this will help any of you that are interested in building one. If you have any questions I'll be happy to help if I can.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts