Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice work.

Details?
Sorry no pics but it is simple. Round cardboard base, chicken wire type material as a base with foam blocks underneath for support to give it some height. About 250 red and orange LED string lights on top of the wire. Laid sticks on that wire and put a modest layer of Great Stuff on and around that.

Finally used black, chalky grey and red spray paint (not too much) for some character during the day time. Grey actually really help make some of the exposed wood look ashy.

Finally, I may copy another haunter here, forgot the name, and spray a but of black rubber coating on this and cover that with real ash... haven't done that yet.

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,521 Posts
Excellent! I have WAY too many projects in the hopper (most of which I've gleamed from the HF) that I need to start and hopefully complete. Add another to the list. Outstanding job on this one.

Quick question: did you use chase lights or something similar for a flicker effect? If so, do you have any video of what that looks like?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excellent! I have WAY too many projects in the hopper (most of which I've gleamed from the HF) that I need to start and hopefully complete. Add another to the list. Outstanding job on this one.

Quick question: did you use chase lights or something similar for a flicker effect? If so, do you have any video of what that looks like?
I really wanted a flicker effect, and I thought some of the lights I used would do that, but I really don't see it...
15691866544692667430939927715967.jpg

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I really wanted a flicker effect, and I thought some of the lights I used would do that, but I really don't see it...
View attachment 721198
No video...too big for server to process?

·
Registered
100 Posts
led light strings usually have a control box on them so you change the light pattern, on, on/off, random. I get mine on E bay and use mostly solar powder lights, they are not as bright as bulb lights, so you may need an extra string.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I see you used grey spray paint, where most others use black with maybe some read worked in there, was wondering how you think it compares as I'm currently building mine!?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I see you used grey spray paint, where most others use black with maybe some read worked in there, was wondering how you think it compares as I'm currently building mine!?
I used a touch of white spray paint that I had on hand. It looks good. I only used it because I had used too much black in some places. It looks good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The only prop I have EVER finished in one 1 day in my life...

View attachment 721089 View attachment 721090 View attachment 721091 View attachment 721092 View attachment 721090 View attachment 721091 View attachment 721092 View attachment 721092 in the middle will allow me to pipe some fog up into the cauldron, where it will be chilled before spilling over the edge.
I've done something very similar only with used Pop bottles and water bottles to create just coals for under a caldron

·
Registered
111 Posts

View attachment 721089 View attachment 721090 View attachment 721091 View attachment 721092 View attachment 721090 View attachment 721091 View attachment 721092 View attachment 721092 in the middle will allow me to pipe some fog up into the cauldron, where it will be chilled before spilling over the edge.
Awesome job!!! 🎃 🎃🎃

Awesome job!!!🎃

·
Registered
210 Posts
This looks so good I am tempted to try making this again. I tried last year but it was an epic fail (too dim at night, looked weird by day). But the chicken wire idea is a good one, and I have lots of black plastic chicken wire rolled up behind my garden shed ...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I fear mine may be too dim at night also. It doesn't get very dark in our front yard as there is a street light across the street...we'll see on Saturday when I set things up.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts