Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,111 Posts
Scourge, I've figured it out....your using actual skulls from a local cemetary for casting! To keep me quiet I only demand 8 skulls as a "hush" payment! Great work my friend!

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Scourge, I've figured it out....your using actual skulls from a local cemetary for casting! To keep me quiet I only demand 8 skulls as a "hush" payment! Great work my friend!
Brilliant! If I dig up my own, can you spiff 'em up for half the price?

That skull is fantastic! I honestly don't know how you do it! I tried a casting and it was a miserable failure. Beautiful work.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The raw pull looks very clean without any parting lines.
I have a simular project I have been wanting to do. Could you
please show how you made your mold

·
Registered
453 Posts
Holy crap thats awesome, I spent part of my younger days working digs with my uncle the archeologist and I just had a flashback to opening a old anasazi grave. One of the coolest finds was a grave of what must have been a shaman who wore a lot of copper based face paint, the face of the skull was dyed a copper green color, never saw anything like it.
So how much for 1???

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everyone for the kind comments.

Johnny, I can’t believe you figured it out!

TK421, I have cast a ton of miserable failures, just keep at it.

Bw1, I do not have a tutorial for this but, I used silicone for the mold and a trowelable plastic for the jacket. I have been experimenting with different molding techniques. All have worked but, finding the one that works the best is the trick. I found this how to online.
skull molding
It is very close to what I did. I hope that can help you.

Litemareb4xmas, I will be selling soon. PM me if you are interested. This skull will be part of my new line of museum quality skulls. I envy you being able to see that Anasazi skull in person. That must have been incredible!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts