Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought one of these animatronic cats at the flea market for 2 bucks. Seems logical,
flea market... cat (LOL) The one I bought is pitch black, which is purrrfect for Halloween. I was thinking about putting it on top of a tombstone or incorporating it with another prop.Let me know if you have any ideas.. I know nothing about hacking, but maybe it could be controlled by remote or something ?
YouTube - Furreal friends cat
Google Image Result for http://www.toymania.com/news/images/1002_furreal.jpg

·
Registered
78 Posts
...Or what if you bloodied up the cat and had it locked in the jaws of a giant snarling mutant rat (I may not have a clue how to do it, but I'll bet that at least one other person on this forum has a tutorial for making a giant snarling mutant rat).
Whatever you do with it, this really is a great find -- congrats!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Bobzilla at 2$ you got great deal , i had one of these for about 6 years now sitting in my daugthers room i got it before she was born tought it was cool ,but she as not played much with it , wonder how i could dye it black i could use it with our witches this year :) ...

·
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments :)
That would be cool if you could dye it black Witch. I thought someone else might have one of these. I like the idea of using it with your witch props !

Bobzilla at 2$ you got great deal , i had one of these for about 6 years now sitting in my daugthers room i got it before she was born tought it was cool ,but she as not played much with it , wonder how i could dye it black i could use it with our witches this year :) ...

·
Registered
594 Posts
Couldn't you spray paint it black, so that the dye/water won't effect the mechanics? I spray paint twine fibers for hair, and if you hold the spray paint can back far enough, it gets plenty of color, but doesnt make it overly stiff. Plus you can mask off eyes, or whatever you want.

I think if I had a white one, I would probably try that.

·
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check out Ebay, I found one just like mine. It sold for $11.50
Thanks for the link :) FurReal Friends LARGE BLACK CAT Purrs, Meows & More - eBay (item 350169213433 end time Feb-27-09 19:21:01 PST)

i went to buy a tiger last xmas and it was 60 bucks! You got a great deal for 2 bucks.

You can go to RoboCommunity : The First and Only Official WowWee Robot Community for hacking inspiration. There usually is a motion sensor, so I do not think much hacking is needed.

I think that cat is way too nice to put on a tombstone. I like the idea of it sitting on a lap in a rocking chair.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,445 Posts
Or what about that colored hairspray that temporarily changes your hair color? I don't know if they sell it in black or not. Just don't let the cat get wet after spraying!!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts