Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished for the most part, my first tower. Instead of painting it on the 20 X 40 to look 3D I am actually going to build the towers about 5 feet out from the rest of the building using one 10 X 20 Tarp on each side to wrap around and create a 90 degree angle. Thus actually creating 2 20 foot towers. I didn't have my camera with me but I uploaded the pics I took from my cell phone. I still have the other 10x20 tarp to paint and then most of the facade is ready to hang and assemble. Once it is raised and in place I will go back and touch up and add more details with the air-brush.
Comments, suggestions always welcome!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Bring a camera is my only suggestion!! :D

I plan to follow your threads, so I want to see some creations.

I'm also making my facade "3D" this year by extending one section up 4 feet. The scale you're working on is crazy though! How are you supporting all this?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The main 20 x40 tarp is going to be supported on 3" PVC Pipes. 2 - 10 foot sections joined and placed in the ground should lift it up high enough. The top will be threaded on a rope through the grommets and then the bottom will be staked off with tent stakes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts