Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my twin girls came to me one evening and said, "we should do a haunted house this year." I was shocked, not only by the task she was suggesting, but also by the fact that I myself was thinking the same exact thing. We have done small scale things in the past and have utilized our garage a couple times, but nothing I would consider an actual "walk through home haunt". After a bit of discussion with the rest of the family, my wife, son, and other daughter, it was decided that this will actually happen. I mean, we have most of the major things needed to pull it all off, we just need to execute. To make things even more fun, we decided to do a video series tracking our adventure, starting with this simple, little teaser. :)

I'll be sharing much more with my Halloweenforum family too and look forward to all your advice and comments. For now, enjoy....

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
Glad that your family is so supportive and wants to help bring the vision to life. I am sure that the neighborhood will be ecstatic, based simply on what I have seen of your mask collection alone. All the best.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We did a quick test video of the Lurching Werewolf animatronic. We snagged this at a very good price, $136 shipped! I'm sure everyone has seen this piece before. We're happy with it and can't wait to design a scene with him.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My twins have been hard at work drawing up concepts for the haunt.

This is their idea for the entrance:

Here is what we finalized:

This is their concept for the witches scene, a wolves den, and a beheaded vampire in the graveyard.

I'm working on the final concepts now using their ideas. lol

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Ditto what Spooky Dave said. What a thrill for the girls to see their concepts come to life. It kind of reminds me of Face Off, when they use children's art as the catalyst for their creations.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I had no Haunt . yet. I was working for some people in their house, I happened to mention my haunt idea to their 10 yr.old son. He rattled off about 20 ideas for a haunt. Some of them are impossible,some I had already thought of,some I had not. And those were good ideas.
Did I use any of his ideas? I really don't remember,but I gave him that credit recently when he moved back here with his wife and opened a new restaurant.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I started working on some detail pieces for the Dr. Frankenstein lab table. It won't be a full size lab, just a small represented section in the "dungeon" area of the walk through.

Here are some pages I did up to throw around. I just googled some images, typed up a page from what might be his journal, and printed them out. I used watered down brown acrylic and wiped them with a sponge and once dried hit the edges with spray paint.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I love that your kiddos are involved in this too! My DH and I both look forward to our kids wanting to do things 'their way', and also dread it because we also have so much fun doing it 'our way'! LOL! Can't wait to see it all come together & these will be memories your family will never forget!

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What happened to the pumpkin patch?

Didn't put one in this year. After the problems we had last season we decided that we were going to relocate it to the other side of the yard. I just didn't have the time to put it in or have the time to tend to it this year.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We threw this together for the Frankesntein Lab portion of our haunt. Not bad for junk we had sitting around.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts