Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Ghost Host
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this year's theme for the annual Halloween party that I co-host is going to be themed "Cirque Du Inferno" (or at least that's the title we're running with currently) and i'm currently in the planning stages of the yard/front of the house. I was struck with the thought of casting flames onto the front of the house or creating some effect to make the house appear it is aflame.

Much like "Master's" house in Hocus Pocus:

And here:

My problem is that I can't seem to find this sort of effect anywhere. I've never done projections before so i'd have to buy or rent a projector but I just don't know where I can find something to give off this effect. I've found a couple of videos creating a fire effect inside the house using lighting, plastic and fans. Problem is I have two windows on the front of the house and one of which is a main party area (the dining room) so I wouldn't want fans and plastic blowing around while people are trying to circle the table for food. I suppose I could just do it in one room and maybe have a figure's silhouette amidst the flames looking out.

Any help is greatly appreciated!:D

·
The Ghost Host
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But where would I find a fire projection? Like I said i've never worked with one before, so is it something that I could just find a clip of and burn to a dvd on a loop and throw into a projector?

·
Registered
290 Posts
You might want to check websites that sell DJ supplies. They sell some different types of flame projectors. Love the party theme and good luck!

·
The Ghost Host
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm..i'll check on that. I actually think I know of some people that are involved with DJ stuff so I might could ask them as well. And thanks, i'm really excited for it!

·
Scared Silly
1,930 Posts
What you're looking at in both videos is not a video projection, but an animated gobo (I can't recall the precise term at the moment). It's a theatrical lighting effect. Here's an example that should make sense from the picture how it works (I don't know anything about the website, it just popped up in a search): http://www.stagelightingstore.com/Rosco-Infinity-Gobo-Animation-Device

1 - 12 of 12 Posts