Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
This looks great. can't wait to see the finished product. Glad to see your not panicking about time because I am freaking out!!! So little to do, so much time. Strike that reverse it. :)

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Danski suggested that it would be cool if the Zombie could look left and right while trying to get out of the ground, DONE! I added a heavy duty metal gear servo to randomly turn the head. I don't plan on having him thrash too wildly so I'm hoping the servo holds up, I guess I'll find out! Picked up a nice suit jacket, shirt and tie at Goodwill for $5. Still have lots to do but he's coming along. BTW, I've decided to call him "Eyenstein"

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's the first test of Eyenstein's pneumatics and program. I didn't want him thrashing wildly so I'm pretty happy with this. Operating on only 20 psi and using flow control mufflers on all 4 ports. Now that the cylinder placement is working good I still gotta bolt everything so it stays together. After that just have to get his suit fitted.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
That is pretty darn cool looking. How is it all synced up? I like the head movement. I think it adds to the whole prop.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Danski! Everything is controlled with an EFX-TEK Prop-1. When triggered, the program I wrote starts the MP3 player, turns on the LED's in the eyes, turns the head left then right then center, and then randomly controls the pneumatic cylinders to activate every 250 - 1000 milliseconds. It also randomly turns the head. The program has an internal timer that runs for 50 seconds and then everything resets.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here's the finished prop. Made a few slight changes from the original Casa Fear design. Shortened the lower arms by 2.5" to fit the sleeve length of the jacket and added rubber bumpers to the up and down strokes of the cylinders to silence the banging.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Danski! I was going for a more "subtle" Zombie and not the typical wild thrasher.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks jonnyci! Weather permitting, we do a Halloween camp out where everyone decorates their site. Eyenstein will be going this year, I think the kids will get a kick out out of him.

·
Typing Away
3,677 Posts
I love how you have the more "subtle" zombie effect here. To me it looks a lot better than the wild thrashing movement of some others.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts