Halloween Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
OK I will watch again when at home, sorry for the annoying questions...I watched this video originally at work were I'm around a bunch of loud noises and required to wear ear plugs so I simply watched for the visual... :-(

·
Scaring kids everywhere!
3,702 Posts
Thanks for the info. I just finished three "faux" pumpkins. Two had fairly intricate patterns. I started with a dremel but finished with hot tool that has various blade attachments. It really helped me make very small intricate cuts. Some were only a few centimeters apart. When I finished I added clip in blow mold type lights. It was the first time I ever attempted carving these. I will definitely do more in the future.

·
Registered
232 Posts
They DO NOT sell Funkins at Michaels! Go to the Funkins web site to see where they are sold. http://www.funkins.com/TheFunkinPatch/
Ok, I saw funkins (at least that's what the tag said) at my Michaels store. Joanns had them too. Regardless of the retailer, do you know where you can buy them cheap on-line? I guess if there is nowhere that sells them cheap, the markup comes straight out of the manufacturer.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Ok, I saw funkins (at least that's what the tag said) at my Michaels store. Joanns had them too. Regardless of the retailer, do you know where you can buy them cheap on-line? I guess if there is nowhere that sells them cheap, the markup comes straight out of the manufacturer.
I called Funkins today and confirmed that there are A FEW Michael's stores that are selling Funkins.
As for finding them for cheap on-line.....that will be impossible. Your best bet is to watch the stores locally that carry them and pay attention to their sales. That's how I got mine at 90% off!

·
Registered
232 Posts
ARE YOU CRAZY! If I gave the secret away, then I wouldn't be able to get any because everyone would be camping outside the store as if the new iPhone was being launched! LOL!
Lol you're nuts! I'll tell you what, PM me and let me know around time of the season they go on sale. I'm sure we don't live near each other so we won't be wringing each others necks to get FUNKINS. lol

·
Registered
13,642 Posts
Thanks for the video. I've carved Funkins and Michaels' craft pumpkins in the past but with an xacto knife. Always makes me nervous when doing the main carving out since you have to get the blade through the material and sometimes it's not easy. I bought a non-Dremel brand tool last year to get started with but have yet to get started doing more pumpkins. Your video was very helpful to know what to expect. Encountered many threads on foam pumpkins but don't think I've seen a video tutorial before.

BTW we recenlty got a Hobby Lobby in our area and they sell Funkins as well.

I also wanted to say that I liked that attachment you used. Looks way comfortable to hold and manueur around your cutting surface.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts