Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, just noticed a new TV Special premiering Tuesday, March 4 @ 10pm on SYFY Channel, called "Carvers". It follows Ray Villafane and Andy Bergholtz and their crew around while they attend events and carve up all kinds of things besides pumpkins. If you were lucky enough to have attended any of these events, you might even be on camera in the crowd I would think. Not sure yet about any repeats.

BTW if you saw the pumpkin arms and legs last year at places like CVS, Halloween Asylum, etc., that was some of Ray's design work (Villafane Studios). Ray also won Pumpkin Wars on Food Network.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
can't wait for this, Villifane is always pushing the envelope. He has brand new Pumpkin accesories called Pumpkinheadz coming out this Fall also, they look awesome. I will be buying the whole set.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,782 Posts
He has brand new Pumpkin accesories called Pumpkinheadz coming out this Fall also, they look awesome.
Any links or pics of those or are they the faces Grandin Road was selling? I got the arms, legs & one of the faces came from Grandin Road. The legs were from CVS, I forget where I got the arms. It took GR FOR-FREAKING-EVER to get those faces too. Not their fault but a manufacturers fault.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
That special should be intriguing.

If you do not mind posting pictures, or at least a link, I would also love to see the new items from Villafane, kprimm.

·
Registered
13,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Last year CVS sold the arms, 9.99 for a pair, less if you went during one of their sales or used a CVS card email coupon. I love the texture of these and they so look like real pumpkin vines twisted into appendages. That was the only body part I saw last year there.

I bought one of the GR pumpkin faces too. GR was selling the witch, Hilda. The box had two other designs but I never saw those at all any where. And as mentioned already, production and delivery from the licensed manufacturer for them was extremely s..l..o..w.....although I did get mine delivered right before halloween but not much time to figure out what to do with it. I do like my Hilda a lot. It's flat on the back so while 3D, not a full 360 degree pumpkin. It's meant as a wall hanging. I'm planning on using mine on a mirror, like she's emerging out of the mirror. It has a hook in the back and I plan to hang it using one of those 3M Command hooks that will come off the mirror easily.

I wonder if the hanging pumpkin faces are the Pumpkinheadz. Sounds very plausible. I don't recall seeing that name on the box but I have mine downstairs and will look again.***

Look forward to Villafane Studios new line and hope they've been in production since Oct. 31 of last year so they have a good supply of everything!

Here's their website: Villafane Studios It doesn't look that great on my tablet and figure it wasn't designed for mobile. Too bad, it kind of detracts from the viewing experience and makes it hard to read. It looked fine from my laptop though.

***The box called them "Pumpkin Replicas". Hilda is the witch, Jester has a pudgy face and was sticking out it's tongue, and Dead Ed is a skull with crossed eyes and also sticking out it's tongue. The packaging said these were also available, but like I said I never saw the other two sold. The packaging also shows them being used with the arms, like the pumpkin is reaching out to grab whomever walks past.

·
Evil Wizard
2,168 Posts
can't wait for this, Villifane is always pushing the envelope. He has brand new Pumpkin accesories called Pumpkinheadz coming out this Fall also, they look awesome. I will be buying the whole set.
That special should be intriguing.

If you do not mind posting pictures, or at least a link, I would also love to see the new items from Villafane, kprimm.
Here's a link to a post on Villafane's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VillafaneStudios/posts/633965163331772

·
Registered
13,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, thanks Saruman. I didn't see it on their website and when I did an internet search found out that that spelling has been around for a while. Sometime ago it was trademarked but the TM was lost due to non-use. Didn't pursue it further but it's not an uncommon spelling from the looks of it.

As to the compression eyes, and I'm guessing mouths, cool idea! Fun looks and well done. I wonder how they will market them...parts sold separately or sold as a pair of eyes or eyes and mouth....And at what price? If you don't need carving skill, which a lot of little kids don't have yet, they can still end up with a pretty neat looking pumpkin. That said I still really like the traditional carved look of pumpkins and hope those don't fade into our past.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,782 Posts
Those are pretty cool! I hope they don't use the same manufacturer as the Replicas. I hope they put out the other 2 Replicas that were on the box, they're pretty cool even though they have a much more limited use.

I need to get a stem to go with my legs & arms. I should get it now while they have them & there's plenty of time to ship it.

·
Registered
13,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heads up, on tonight after tonight's new episode of Face Off. Both shows repeat after Carvers airs for the first time.

·
Registered
13,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's an hour special BTW and does repeat a number of times. Noticed listings on 3/5, 3/7, 3/8 and beyond. For those that see this too late.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
I enjoyed it. Usual reality drama. "Oh no, we're not going to hit deadline", "oh no, there's an unexpected problem", LOL. I hope this show gets picked up though. I love Villafanes work.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,782 Posts
I fell asleep halfway through! I'll check for it on On Demand. Like Shadowbat said, the usual OH NOES WILL WE FINISH IN TIME?!?! crap, of course they'll finish in time they always do, but interesting to watch them work & learn that they had to ship all those pumpkins to Japan.

Did the pickling work?

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
That was an awesome episode, looking forward to next week

It's a different show next Tuesday, My Big Fat GEEK Wedding. It's SyFys month of firsts. There are 3 new shows debuting on the Tuesday ten o'clock slot. You can go to the SyFy website and give it a thumbs up or thumbs down. From what I understand, the voting and ratings will determine what show will actually get picked up.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts