Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My haunt this coming year is going to be a carnival/clown theme. My question is, does anyone have any ideas on how to redo my cauldron creep in to some kind of carnival or clown prop. It's too cool not to put out, so if I can re-theme him somehow, that would be great.

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent idea! I knew I could count on this forum. Thanks Abunai and Dave!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Definitely, lemonade. What did you use for your rotten candy?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Definitely, lemonade. What did you use for your rotten candy?
It is batting that comes in a bag (from a fabric store). I sprayed it with pink hairspray. I put a reindeer motor in the bottom of the pan so that his arm moved around, and the batting stayed in place (hot glued to sides of pan.)
Wish you lived closer. I am trying to give away a huge bunch of carn-evil stuff, but don't want to ship it. Sigh.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lemonade, I thought that's what it might be. I never would have thought about pink hairspray, though. Where would I find that?

Man, I wished you lived closer, too! That would be excellent!

·
Registered
112 Posts
lemonade, I thought that's what it might be. I never would have thought about pink hairspray, though. Where would I find that?

Man, I wished you lived closer, too! That would be excellent!
You can find it in drugstores or Walmart closer to Halloween, in the Halloween makeup. The cans are small, but I did all the cotton candy and a huge cocoon (Killer Klowns from Outer Space style) with one can and still have leftover. It was about $2. Spiderella and Prey.jpg I fixed the cocoon better than this pic- this was after a wind storm which it barely survived. That's a face showing through the bare spot and a hand sticking out that the wind rearranged. Also resprayed to even out the color. Tip- spray lightly and about a 12-14 inches away.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Halloween Lady, I just checked out your CarnEvil album. Great ideas for my next haunt! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Rotten candy, I love it! An alternative could be one of those clown heads that pops out of a can. Is that technically a Jack in the box? Idk, but I love the rotten candy idea.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts