Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to build a small carnival ride prop for my haunt this year. made of 2 2x4 crossed with cauldrons on the ends with buckys in them. Not sure if a wiper motor would work or a ceiling fan could make it spin.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think you are going to need a lot bigger motor to move something made out of 2x4s. You might try a motor out of an old electric scooter. They have quite a bit of torque, but you will need a power supply since they are DC.

·
Registered
174 Posts
If you put a track under it, Plywood and a wheel under the cauldron, you could probably use pcv with the wheels and a track. Then a wiper motor would run it. If you have a driveway that should sever as a track also.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I may not be quite the expert yet (wait till next year) but in my searching for motors and controllers for my organ project I have come across this site that has scoter motors, and they are not all that expensive at all.

Motors | AllElectronics.com
Which one of these motors would I need?

·
Registered
650 Posts
If is was me I would use a Treadmill .Plenty of torque and variable speed,plus they are cheap on CL.I got a nice one for 50 bux ,used the motor for my Axworthy and used the rest of it in other props.

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
Are you looking to just have a spinning ride (going round like a merry-go-round) or are you looking for something with more twists (like a tea-cup ride) where the platform goes around and the cauldrons also spin?

·
Registered
650 Posts
If you have an old bike laying you could use the "BEARINGS" on the crank and use the chain to drive it off of a motor of your choosing.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Should of kept that old bike instead of taking it to the junk yard,so no old bike:(. I think that making the cauldrons spin to is going to be to much work,money,and time, so Going to go with a merry-go-round type thing.

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts