Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Insane
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we are almost into september and halloween gets closer i am in need of some scary/creep carnival or circus music. Been trying to look around anyone have suggestions?

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
I recently opened up the Midnight Syndicate carnival disc and listened to it. And it was a major disappointment. Not to eerie, and did not capture the carnival sounds that I could imagine in my head. Of course, it could have been a me problem.
Far from my favorite album of theirs, so it is not just you. Some tracks are more of the traditional Midnight Syndicate style, luckily, although too many are generic soundscapes that could have been on nearly any circus album.

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,673 Posts

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
I was going to suggest Creature Feature but see someone beat me to it, though most of their stuff is good for the carnival theme, not just "Greatest Show Unearthed", though that one is excellent! It's all pretty good, I'm a big fan of their stuff and only just got introduced to them this summer.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
'March of the Marionettes' and 'Midnight Circus', both off of Sam Haynes' Halloween Carnival album, are also worth mentioning.

·
Registered
27 Posts
isn't the "March of the Marionettes" the theme music for Alfred Hitchcock show ? And that other one ( Midnight Circus ) I tried to find it and only found this on YOUTUBE .... ( lol - nice to watch , but not quite Halloweeny - LOL )

Any links to that second song ?

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,673 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
i was checking this thread, because i myself need carnival music for an online thing i'm doing! my gratitude to Pumpkinhead for uploading the Sam Haynes song....which was ALMOST what i needed. so i saved to song and just repeated the very carnivally part, with a minor change in pitch to make it a tad more evil! and i figured, share the halloween joy! play it for as long as you can without losing your sanity!

·
Registered
38 Posts
As somebody else mentioned, Midnight Syndicate's Carnival Arcana is really good. It will put you in the "dark-carnival" mood. And Nox Arcana's "Carnival of Lost Souls" is a good one.

·
Registered
168 Posts
i was checking this thread, because i myself need carnival music for an online thing i'm doing! my gratitude to Pumpkinhead for uploading the Sam Haynes song....which was ALMOST what i needed. so i saved to song and just repeated the very carnivally part, with a minor change in pitch to make it a tad more evil! and i figured, share the halloween joy! play it for as long as you can without losing your sanity!

Good job Cemetery Girl!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts