Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mega.jpg Help needed please....
I am planning to use a large hula hoop as a ring of flames for my skeleton dogs to appear as if they are jumping through. I thought to try cellophane wrap to make it look like flames and then shine a fire/ice light on it. Not sure if this will work. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Someone posted fake candied apples using doll heads. I want to use small skull heads as the apple. Can anyone recommend a medium to put on the skull head to make it look like a caramel apple?

Lastly, I have the old mega mermaid latex prop. While she looks creepy I want to try and add some motion to her. In past years I added lights, and a push button voice. It needs something....

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
449 Posts
Someone posted fake candied apples using doll heads. I want to use small skull heads as the apple. Can anyone recommend a medium to put on the skull head to make it look like a caramel apple?
We put Tulip brand Slick Dimensional Fabric Paint on our zombie-heads-on-a-stick for that candied look and it worked really well. It adhered nicely and looks shiny even when dry.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Thank you! I will try that.
Great! This exact product may not be available anymore (it was 7 or 8 years ago that we used it), but there will be something similar in stock. Craft stores sell it near the t-shirts and tie-dye stuff. Don't expect it to drip down on its own. You kind of have to draw the drips on. The applicator tip gives you really good control, though.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great! This exact product may not be available anymore (it was 7 or 8 years ago that we used it), but there will be something similar in stock. Craft stores sell it near the t-shirts and tie-dye stuff. Don't expect it to drip down on its own. You kind of have to draw the drips on. The applicator tip gives you really good control, though.
I am familiar with this product. Never thought of using it. Great idea, thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts