Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning for the annual bash...mixing things up abit to a CarnEvil/Circus theme. Everyone I've mentioned this too is so freaked out about clowns, that I wanted to do something really freaky in the bathroom but having a creative block! Thinking about a clown's dressing room, hanging extra clown outfits on the shower curtain rack, etc. Anyone have anything better, or could you add to the prop idea! Need your help!!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Marigolddesigns!

I'm having a very similar problem. My toilet has it's own room and my shower another so I have double duties but I think I have it figured out. My toilet room is rectangular shaped and has high ceilings and big walls. Perfect for a creepy/alone feeling. My plan in that room is to change the light to a black light and make it the "fun house" for the Carnival. I'm planning on making dizzying props with glow in the dark paint. Clown faces in glow in the dark paint and I've purchased a lot of dolls on ebay and plan on decorating them evily and put glow in the dark paint on their eyes and hang them from the ceiling. I'm also planning to improvise it as it goes along. If I've learned anything about party decorating it's you get an A for effort. 95% of the people at your party are just happy to enjoy the atmosphere. Don't stress too much.

I'm also planning on having a dead clown give birth to a demon clown baby in the tub. That's still a work in progress but I've found plenty of clown puppets/dolls on ebay (1.00 winning bets for 3 big clowns) check it out. I live in germany so maybe there's a doll subculture here but I have a feeling it's the same in the states. A lot of them are estate sales.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! Love the funhouse feel! Maybe I will give that A try! Could block off the tub all together! We came up with a "see it live" world's biggest spider, and was going to cage in the tub/shower and put a mummy man and large realistic spider in there...but the fun house sounds more fun!
I agree about the A for effort, and friends are always happy to enjoy the atmosphere....but I am a designer by profession and the details always get to me! LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts