Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For our H-ween party this year I'm going to set up a room just off of our kitchen with candy and treats in a buffet style. The room will be all black lighted with a Carn-Evil theme to it. Clowns, circus tent, rope lights, etc.

I want to put treats (candy, cakes, cookies etc) that would reflect the theme of the room. I may do "Rotten candy", "Scummy bears", and "Cake pops" with red icing and call them "Clown noses" but I need a few more.

If anybody has any ideas they could share, please let me know. 3 Criteria for the food should be:

1. Easy to make.
2. Cheap but tasty
3. Able to make a bunch with no problem ( I usually have 40 people at these things)

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Marc V.

·
The Ghost Host
597 Posts
Bagged popcorn
SnoCone cupcakes
Mini corn dogs
Cotton candy
Baggs of Peanuts in shell
Lemonade

We also did funnel cakes but although they r super cheap and easy...total nightmare...I bet I made 90-100 (no joke).

I was thinking about funnel cakes for my party, what about them became a nightmare might I ask? lol

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Really and truly it was just the amount we cooked. We had over 80 guests and I was running the corn dog and funnel cake concession...for four hours I never moved :( they were a huge hit and definetelly gave the fair feel it just kept me tied to the kitchen.

I actually had it set up quite nice I could do 4 corn dogs in a deep fryer at a time and 2 funnel cakes in an electric skillet at a time. Had I had relief it wouldn't have been so bad but we rented 3 rentals...popcorn, sno cone and a cotton candy machine that hubby manned. Like I say the guests really enjoyed everything but it was non stop cooking. If u have a smaller crowd it won't be so bad just don't do like me and have everything being made to order...what was I thinking lol

·
The Ghost Host
597 Posts
Oh wow, that does sound really tiring. We're a bit smaller probably anywhere from 30-40 people, upwards to 50 the year before last. But we've always just had the food buffet style. Do you think foods like corn dogs and funnel cakes would be okay to serve that way? I don't eat those types of foods too often (plus i'm a horrible cook, my best friend does all the cooking for the party, I do most of the decorating)

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I think the corn dogs will b fine, maybe in a crockpot or sterno warmer to keep them warm. As for the funnel cakes I'm not sure...I would do a test batch and see how they hold up after 1-2 hours. My biggest worry is they would become an oily mess but if u can keep them warm (and not dried out) you should b okay....again I'm thinking sterno warmer or rock pot (not covered so it doesn't build up moisture) I would maybe keep the funnel cakes on the smaller size too to make it a little easier. With 30-40 you should b fine, I just always caution people on work load...our CarnEvil was our best party to date but we worked our buttsoff between games and food...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
LoveAndEyeballs
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing