Halloween Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
This weekend is my Tumor-versary and Halloween party (AKA Yay no more brain tumors!). I wanted to have a taffy apple bar, with caramel dip in a fondue pot. Does anyone have a tried and true recipe to share?

What kind of things should we have for the "bar"? I was going to have apple slices, so people don't have to commit to a whole apple.

Thanks!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have done caramels and half and half and I cook it in a double boiler. It tends to get thick so I just keep adding half and half or milk throught out the party. It is a lot of trouble so I started just buying the caramel dip and put it out with apple slices. Good luck and congratulations on being tumor free.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Carmel dip sounds good to me! I am not big on caramel but my son loves that veggie carmel dip you buy in the produce section. Can't believe it's time for your party already! Still doing the potato bar? Hope you have tons of fun!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
mmm, brownies, gingersnaps, marshmallows, fruit, you could have graham crackers and marshmallows and they could make caramel s'mores. Congrats on your tumor-versary!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
1 (14-ounce) package caramels
2/3 cup half-and-half
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

SUGGESTED DIPPERS
Apple wedges
Pear or peach wedges
Orange sections
Pound cake cubes
Banana bread cubes
Marshmallows

hxxp://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50129

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone!

I know, I can't believe the party is already in just a few days! (Bridgette - I'm amazed you remember the details! We're not doing a potato bar anymore, DH said we're better with snacky foods. And I agree. I'm making baked potato dip with Tato Skins instead.)

I'm so excited but nervous we won't be ready! DH got me a maid to come Friday for my Tumorversary gift. Lame, but it was a nice surprise. Plus, we had her come a few times when I was "sick", so it's quite the throwback. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts