Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I recently got a free 11' x 16' Car port to use for Halloween. Previous years we have our "set up" in our garage and have several scares waiting inside for the older ToTs as we try and avoid scaring the younger ones. This year however we plan on having the car port leading to our garage. As of right now I have an air compressor with an air cannon but I need more ideas.

So my questions are:
- Have any of you used a car port in your haunt, and what did you do with it?
- What scare ideas do you have for me?

Thanks in advance,
Matt

1,453 Posts
the only year we had a carport we did a hay maze of sorts in it. But unless you live in farm country a hay maze won't work.

You might try sectioning off "rooms" with tarps or plastic ground covering and doing a mad scientist lab. Colored water with some bubbles from an old fish air pump and tubing. Maybe a board with dials and flashing lights. Or a Wizards room with bottles and jars filled with creepy things, lots of fake candles, some "skin" covered books. Old bird and animal cages... with fake birds and rats. Skellys and skulls.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do live in the country but unfortunately there isnt really enough room for a maze. Im just looking for ways to scare people. :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Sorry!!! I just finished editing my post adding links. See above.

Basically it's a black room with dots on the walls that glow under black lights. You can hang stuff down that glow from the ceiling and the kids love how their costumes light up.

However....someone is lurking against the wall dressed in black but ALSO painted with dots it the same pattern. They are invisible until they start moving towards the kids!!!! It's a super freaky experience and you have to see it to truly appreciate it.

Also, It doesn't have to be black with dots. You can use other materials, etc, just so long as the person scaring the kids wears the same pattern.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Let us know what you do!!!! Good luck! I'm sure other's will chime in and give you a lot more ideas!

1,453 Posts
Dot rooms are cool and it reminded me of a group who did a haunt in a newly build but yet vacant office building. One room was just a plain unlite room. Guests were asked to stand in a line with their hands on the shoulder of the person in front of them and to please not touch anything. They were then led through the room, we felt things brushing past us, lots of little noises, a few startling loud noises, quick flashes of light . In general just making it sound and feel creepy. After a few minutes of walking throught what felt like an endless room some lights were turned on only to find we'd been walking in circles with 2 people dressed in black in this midsized office space. A lot can be said about the creepiness of simply taking away one of our senses.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts