1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
346 Posts
Personally, I like the Captain Morgan costume least (I have the suspicion that it would be rather cheap-y in person). Of the two Hooks, if you really want to be as close as possible to the Disney rendition, the Prestige costume is quite good. However, my money is on the (unfortunately more pricey) first Hook costume if you aren't looking to be the Disney animated version. It looks like it has some nicer quality garments and those items are likely the sort that could be used in other costume situations. I'm not a fan of the sort of costume where all the pieces are sewn together, and the first Hook is the only one that appears to have real, individual garments.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Personally, I like the Captain Morgan costume least (I have the suspicion that it would be rather cheap-y in person). Of the two Hooks, if you really want to be as close as possible to the Disney rendition, the Prestige costume is quite good. However, my money is on the (unfortunately more pricey) first Hook costume if you aren't looking to be the Disney animated version. It looks like it has some nicer quality garments and those items are likely the sort that could be used in other costume situations. I'm not a fan of the sort of costume where all the pieces are sewn together, and the first Hook is the only one that appears to have real, individual garments.
We are going as the Disney variation, and I agree I like the more expensive one better, I'm just not sure if it fits the theme. I'm going to try and find both of those in person, and see what they look like. The more expensive one looks like it would last through a few good sword fights! ^_^ Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
25 Posts
How much are we talking when one says "more expensive"? :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well i can't say i never wore tights... sooooo (peter pan one year for the kids.)

I like the look of the "hook" costume. To me the last one looks a little "cheap" in a way. If youa re going for the "classic disney" i think the captain morgan is closer.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I like the first one. It looks the most dignified to me. The second one's too bright red (Santa Hook?) and the third one is too fancy and fussy for me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
43 Posts
If I may make a suggestion...

Go to your local theaters in town... (Not movie theater; actual "legitimate" theater...) And see if they have any stuff you might be able to use... Peter Pan is a commonly produced play/musical and some theaters keep a costume library. Go and see if you might be able to rent something. Cause it's a lot cheaper than buying something. The downside is... YOU DON'T GET TO KEEP IT!!! :'(

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If I may make a suggestion...

Go to your local theaters in town... (Not movie theater; actual "legitimate" theater...) And see if they have any stuff you might be able to use... Peter Pan is a commonly produced play/musical and some theaters keep a costume library. Go and see if you might be able to rent something. Cause it's a lot cheaper than buying something. The downside is... YOU DON'T GET TO KEEP IT!!! :'(
I think I'll see if I can make it, then try that. I'm sure you're correct I went and saw a Peter Pan production last spring. Thanks for the advice guys! Greatly appreciated!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts