Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Reaper Queen
8,570 Posts
oh what a shame,,, I hope it is dumb teenagers , which is bad enough. and not some done doing it just cuz it is Halloween related,,, Good for her she is rebuilding it, I hope the attention given it on the news makes more people come and that she will get alot of donations!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Vandalsm of all sorts seems to be on the increase in my area. Two cemeteries with thousands of dollars of damage over the summer. And here at the farm, we have a large carved granite sign at the entrance...basically a large tombstone with the farm name and horse head carved into it. Last month someone spray painted one side of it with a swastika and a very juvenile representation of male genatalia. They did it with dark paint so it blended in a little...and it cleaned off the polished parts easily. Sadly the carved areas still have some paint. Just pisses me off that someone would do that..And because it was a swastika it had to be reported as a hate crime also..

·
Registered
659 Posts
Whoever did this I hope karma comes back and makes their life horrible. I hope that someday they have something they truly love and enjoy like a sports car and someone spray paints the side of it so they understand how it feels.

I can't stand teenagers who wreck things just to do it.

That poor woman I am so glad she's rebuilding. With any luck the low-lifes who did this will be caught and their parents are embarrassed at the behaviour of their children. Why are those kids out at 2am?

All assuming it was kids... vandals are a touchy subject for me because I've had things taken from me before for holidays and it just irks me to no end.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,089 Posts
This is exactly why I wait till the day of to set up, and why I'm constantly monitoring my displays when the ToT's come by.....

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is horrible. I also live about 30 minutes west of that yard haunt. Unfortunately, that is one of the reasons why I burn a vacation day and set it all up on Halloween, then take it all down that same night. I just don't trust people any longer.

Eric
Hey Eric, Just realized I mixed up Plainville with Plainfield but there really isn't anywhere in CT very far away from anywhere else in CT. I am near Waterbury.
It is so disappointing. We can't set ours up in a day, We spend all month. Last year we lost part of our fence which was disappointing but not so bad in the larger scheme of things.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Hey Eric, Just realized I mixed up Plainville with Plainfield but there really isn't anywhere in CT very far away from anywhere else in CT. I am near Waterbury.
It is so disappointing. We can't set ours up in a day, We spend all month. Last year we lost part of our fence which was disappointing but not so bad in the larger scheme of things.
Don't feel bad. I didn't pay close attention and thought it was Plainville too. I'm two towns west of Waterbury, myself.

Eric

1 - 13 of 13 Posts