Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
I cant seem to find stake fencing anywhere!! I want to use it for my cemetery display. Im in the bay area near San Francisco, and have tried Home depot, Lowes, and feed stores. Anyone have any other ideas? Id rather not order it online due to shipping costs....

Thanks
James

·
Registered
141 Posts
Now, when you ask for stake fencing are you asking for like a picket fence, or are you looking for like wrought iron stakes? I dunno about the wood one, but the wrought iron looking one would be pretty easy and cheap if you make it out of PVC and spray paint it black. I was thinking of making some fencing for my cemetery. Dollar tree has some small skulls on twine and I'm gonna use those to top the 'fence'.

·
Banned
53 Posts
This i will tell you wallmart garden section..... NOT FOR THEIR HALLOWEEN stuff (we all know how ther r for that this year!)

·
Registered
58 Posts
That's "snow fence". I just got some at Tractor Supply. It's stained a reddish color so I have to paint it. But it was cheap at $40 for 50 feet minus the paint.

·
I make dead things deader
4,565 Posts
That's "snow fence". I just got some at Tractor Supply. It's stained a reddish color so I have to paint it. But it was cheap at $40 for 50 feet minus the paint.
Thanks for the tip on Tractor Supply. Lowes has it as well , I'll have to check the price difference.

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
Here's the link to Tractor Supply. There's a few in the outlying bay area. Tractor Supply Company - Home

My Ace Hardware is kind of big and carries lumber and fencing. So that might be another source. Expect True Value Hardware could be the same.

Personally I would think about going the DIY route. Home Depot and Lowes carry picket cut boards (search site for "picket") and you would just need two horizontal 1x1s or 1x2s to attach the pickets to. You could angle them or space them as you like depending on how you want your fence to come out.

If you really want to go a cheap route and lightweight route, you could buy the horizontal wood and use foamboard cut into pickets. I could see using either the foamboard sold in Dollar Tree and cut into strips or buy foamboard from HD/Lowes (search their site for "foamboard" and then click on the category "sheathing" down the left side of the webpage for HD).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome! Turns out the geniuses at Lowes dont know their inventory, (which I find is the case A LOT). I made the drive out there to look for myself and sure enough....exactly what I was looking for.
Thanks for all the replies!
James

1 - 11 of 11 Posts